sharetrader
Page 901 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 401801851891897898899900901902903904905911951100114011901 ... LastLast
Results 9,001 to 9,010 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Veteran novice

I'm tempted - but buying in a downtrend is an automatic "NO" for me. Happy to miss out on buying at the bottom!

Quote Originally Posted by Antipodean View Post
    Close. You can be grounded (and not have to fly air missions) if you are crazy, but you also have to ask to be grounded. If you ask to be grounded, you demonstrate you are rational enough to care about your safety then you cannot be said to be crazy.
    Yes, that was it. Must re-read that book, I mis-remembered it being about Vietnam war, but was actually set in 2nd world war according to wiki. I guess it is relevant to AIR as is about flying?

Herbacious

People often think that about Catch-22 as, being anti-war, it's a sentiment not often associated with WWII. It's also regularly confused as the inspiration for M*A*S*H as they were both released in movie form about the same time, but in fact M*A*S*H was based on a different book.

Advanced Member

If I was the CEO, then would of paid 10c div as usual, then on ex div date announced a special div of 10c to be paid out in December in time for Christmas. And paid out the rest over the next 6 or 12 months at different times plus the normal div. and the sp would probably still be over $2. Simple aye, and I'm just the shoe shine boy. And on that note, bought more at $1.82.
    Last edited by see weed; 23-09-2016 at 03:55 PM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    I'm tempted - but buying in a downtrend is an automatic "NO" for me. Happy to miss out on buying at the bottom!
    On to it mac; newbies take note ; don't buy in a down trend.; really simple ,except greed and egos and lil devils on ones shoulder saying "go on give us a thrill" buybuybuy"; also after a % drop it has to go up more to get back to where it was % wise. Wait for the bend at the end of the trend and don't try and pick bottoms, see T/a threads

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    Yes, that was it. Must re-read that book, I mis-remembered it being about Vietnam war, but was actually set in 2nd world war according to wiki. I guess it is relevant to AIR as is about flying?
    WWII air bombardiers. There was some troubled times for a bit in the middle but in the end works out okay. Nice story to parallel AIR we hope?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Is it me or is the AirNZ website not functioning properly. Trying to book a trip to HoChiMin City (vietnam) in July and its telling me I have to go via Singapore or HK. I thought they flew direct from June to October? Might have to give them a call and see what the problem is.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/8...879-dreamliner

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    On to it mac; newbies take note ; don't buy in a down trend.; really simple ,except greed and egos and lil devils on ones shoulder saying "go on give us a thrill" buybuybuy"; also after a % drop it has to go up more to get back to where it was % wise. Wait for the bend at the end of the trend and don't try and pick bottoms, see T/a threads
    Exactly what Gordon Gekko said at the end of the movie...... Ahh, cant remember the name. Good old movie though.

That 10 year AIR chart which shows the pricing behaviour of true cyclicals is giving me nightmares - past the haunting stage.

i know its a totally unsophisticated hand drawn chart that has no credentials and is load of bonkum (and the other kind things mentioned the other day) but what it shows is slowly and painfully happening.

First version was posted last April (post #5798) when the price was 280/290 on the way down from 320. Various updates since - could the price go 125/150 before we see the bottom of this cycle - qite possible because whats happening is how real cyclicals often perform.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

That 10 year AIR chart which shows the pricing behaviour of true cyclicals is now giving me nightmares - past the haunting stage.

i know its a totally unsophisticated hand drawn chart that has no credentials and is load of bunkum (and the other kind things mentioned the other day) but what it shows is slowly and painfully happening.

First version was posted last April (post #5798) when the price was 280/290 on the way down from 320. One comment back then was it couldn't possibly fall to 250. Various updates since - could the price go 125/150 before we see the bottom of this cycle - quite possible because whats happening is how real cyclicals often perform.
    Last edited by winner69; 24-09-2016 at 09:44 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”