sharetrader
Page 915 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 415815865905911912913914915916917918919925965101514151915 ... LastLast
Results 9,141 to 9,150 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face So many airlines, so many destinations ! !

"New airline joins wave of services between Auckland and China"

I am losing track - did we know about this one already or not?

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    http://m.nzherald.co.nz/business/new...ectid=11721595

The fact air not cannot provide a tighter range in their forecasts suggests they are not confident of breaching the $400m level after 6 months of this financial year.
    You saying it could be bad? - i reckon lot closer to $600m than most expect
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

As we approach peak stuff one of the beneficiaries will be the airline industry - and I reckon Air New Zealand are in a position to do better than most.

Possibly F18 will be better than F17

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    As we approach peak stuff one of the beneficiaries will be the airline industry - and I reckon Air New Zealand are in a position to do better than most.

Possibly F18 will be better than F17
    Either way winner, the good times are behind us now, the 'cycle' is in control and earnings will reduce for the foreseeable future, despite all time low input costs. As pointed out, the wide spread in guidance gives little confidence and barely a week goes by without some other airline making moves on Air's patch. Thank goodness for a monopoly on local air travel, but still that's no basis for predicting where the SP will end up, before it's up again.

That near monopoly on local air travel is very lucrative

Could see improved profits locally - all those tourists flying around the country and significant operational efficiencies still flowing through to the bottom line, like those little 19 seater jobs they have just taken out of service were apparently losing them a couple million a month - things like this all add up

Whatever i reckon F17 in excess of $500m (2nd highest profit ever) - on reflection not much point in them fine tuning the guidance this early into the year

They sitting on 10 grand of my cash for travel next year - jeez I forgot that the first $50m/$60m or so of each years profit is the return on prepaid airfares
    Last edited by winner69; 03-10-2016 at 08:08 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    That near monopoly on local air travel is very lucrative

Could see improved profits locally - all those tourists flying around the country and significant operational efficiencies still flowing through to the bottom line, like those little 19 seater jobs they have just taken out of service were apparently losing them a couple million a month - things like this all add up

Whatever i reckon F17 in excess of $500m (2nd highest profit ever) - on reflection not much point in them fine tuning the guidance this early into the year

They sitting on 10 grand of my cash for travel next year - jeez I forgot that the first $50m/$60m or so of each years profit is the return on prepaid airfares
    Pretty smart move those big wigs selling in their 'window' of opportunity, an impressive line up of 'in the know' bods flicking their remuneration shares. I reckon that just about says it all, been downhill ever since.

Question All Plain Sailing & With a Few Bumps in the Road

Based on the story so far my analysis comes up with a pretax profit for AIR for the 2017 financial year of:

$540,843,082.52

But in my heart of hearts I expect things to get a little tougher and the pretax result will actually be

$488,527,851.52

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger

Disc: not totally convinced about the 52c
    om mani peme hum

On those numbers and at the current price, are you tempted to have a dabble?

I see oil is knocking at $50. I hope it goes up. What's the point of having super fuel efficient Dreamliners with oil being so cheap

Thumbs down Short answers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    On those numbers and at the current price, are you tempted to have a dabble?

I see oil is knocking at $50. I hope it goes up. What's the point of having super fuel efficient Dreamliners with oil being so cheap
    1/. No

2/. I am sure every airline in the world is hoping the price of oil rises so they can get their monies worth on their new B787s, A350s or A32X-neos.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Time they all took away the fuel surcharge