sharetrader
Page 917 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 417817867907913914915916917918919920921927967101714171917 ... LastLast
Results 9,161 to 9,170 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyALD View Post
    Who would of thought we'd be in this position 6 months down the track!
    Absolutely correct, who knows what'll happen in another 6 months time..

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    After tax: 22.5%
    You hav'nt done your maths correctly IMO--You hav'nt taken in consideration the correction in the SP at the cutoff time--I believe my rough estimate was somewhere around 6-8% (still in the black though),assuming you sold immediately upon div.closing unless of course ,you held on to your shares.(and then it gets a bit more complicated between dividend influence and company (SP) performance.) Correct me if Im wrong Roger
    So when thinking about future div. you need (IMO) to take into consideration the potential drop in the SP (drop in the value of the company) Otherwise whats the point banking the div. if your shares take the corresponding hit? (the ''free money'' debate)
    In other words your total profit/loss, in that share
    Last edited by skid; 04-10-2016 at 04:34 PM.

Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    You hav'nt done your maths correctly IMO--You hav'nt taken in consideration the correction in the SP at the cutoff time-.....
    No I didn't take any price correction into consideration. That was my return on the amount of money I had invested into AIR, not on the value of those shares immediately before or immediately after the payout. As I am in for the long term, I believe I have calculated the percentage using the correct method. Now if I have to sell my shares at the current price then I will have a net loss, but I have no intention of selling. Instead I intend holding for a number of years, maybe even 10 to 20 years.

If the SP continues to drop after each dividend by the amount of that divi then within 10 years AIR shares will be free and still paying 20 cps. Somehow, such a long term drop does not seem logical even for a cyclical share.
    Last edited by Jantar; 04-10-2016 at 04:45 PM.

Seems like Chief of Marketing and Chief Customer guy has cashed in his bonuses and has $726,000 odd more in the bank tonight

Deserved it I reckon - hard working and successful guy

Nothing to do with how the company is performing I reckon - after all he still has 217,000 shares and some more performance rights
    No worries here

I think I read that notice correctly
    Last edited by winner69; 04-10-2016 at 04:56 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

No I didn't take any price correction into consideration. That was my return on the amount of money I had invested into AIR, not on the value of those shares immediately before or immediately after the payout. As I am in for the long term, I believe I have calculated the percentage using the correct method. Now if I have to sell my shares at the current price then I will have a net loss, but I have no intention of selling. Instead I intend holding for a number of years, maybe even 10 to 20 years.

If the SP continues to drop after each dividend by the amount of that divi then within 10 years AIR shares will be free and still paying 20 cps. Somehow, such a long term drop does not seem logical even for a cyclical share.
    Well,thats the future..Im just bringing up the point that there is a condition attached to that 22% --it was not ''free money'' as only part was free and clear, so this needs to be taken into consideration when using it to ''value'' a share (undervalued?)in terms of the reason for buying or selling.---I believe if you immediately reinvested the dividend back into more shares and then looked at your value ,you would have a better idea--You would end up with more shares and a net worth or more or less than before the dividend,depending. You may still come out sweet,but I personally dont think it can be looked at as a ''given''---Your dividend is a liability to the company that has to be made up in some way to get back to their previous value. --Your banking on them getting back to that value by their performance. Thats fair enough but the dividend alone is not a reason why they are undervalued IMO----IMO that performance is solely what should be concentrated on at this stage--thats where the ''rubber meets the road''(or runway)
    Last edited by skid; 04-10-2016 at 05:02 PM.

Way undervalued at current price. Even if AIR only maintains their base divi that is a 10% return on investment after tax.
    So - you are saying if somebody trustworthy guarantees that AIR maintains the promised divie of 20 cents, than it is already undervalued. I think I can agree with this assessment. However - the question is - how much is it worth if it does not maintain its base divi? In my view it is a quite dangerous assumption to rely on AIR being able to deliver 20 cents divie year after year. Just ask Mr. & Mrs. Market, they agree.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

I hope that Mike doing a bit of selling isn't the start of another round of management selling - as doing so seems to put pressure on the share price.

His 403k shares were a decent whack of the 2.1 million traded that day .....a day when price was down 5 cents from previous days close of 185

Mike got just over 1.80 for his.
    Last edited by winner69; 04-10-2016 at 07:41 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Default Nam

Looks like the Vietnam route hasn't been a big winner yet.

Frequency next year will go from 3 times a week to twice a week but the plane will be up-gauged from a 767 to a 787.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/8...879-dreamliner

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Looks like the Vietnam route hasn't been a big winner yet.

Frequency next year will go from 3 times a week to twice a week but the plane will be up-gauged from a 767 to a 787.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/8...879-dreamliner
    It did not state on the article that the route has not been a big winner..u concluded yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I hope that Mike doing a bit of selling isn't the start of another round of management selling - as doing so seems to put pressure on the share price.

His 403k shares were a decent whack of the 2.1 million traded that day .....a day when price was down 5 cents from previous days close of 185

Mike got just over 1.80 for his.

Yes...what fun shareholders are having, yet to buy in again and happy at this time I have not. Selling out my last parcel just under $2.00 seems a long away from where we are now.