sharetrader
Page 924 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 424824874914920921922923924925926927928934974102414241924 ... LastLast
Results 9,231 to 9,240 of 20182

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I still haven't doubled down yet, been waiting and still looking for some signs of stability in price and perhaps another couple of months operating stats. Long term will be the plan when I get the sense of the sell off being over but with high volumes day after day at these levels I am not convinced it wont have a bit more weakness, even the brief jump to 1.92 wasn't the show of strength I had thought....

AIR is out of flavour and sentiment is weak so still sitting back and waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    I love the add however how do the flight times compare going over to LA via Auckland vs Sydney for those outside Sydney Australia, I would suspect not favourable so plan to compete on price?? People with any experience will look at time for the whole trip. See the clear point of difference on Buenos Aries option...

Good to see wifi in 2017..need to to do something on the old 777 economy seats- several broken seats in economy on my last flight..not such a kick ass product when you are reading about all the sustainability strategies they are adopting in the monthly mag yet seats are stuffed and can't recline as broken..rich in irony.
    Jaa mentioned the competition which is very important, given any flight to EZE will require a connection from Australia to another country. There are sometimes cheaper routing options than Australia to EZE via AKL but they can be significantly longer and generally not as comfortable. On 15+ hrs of flight (inc connections) that will rate as important to many customers.

Other routes from Australia such as Canada, USA and Europe face competition from direct routes so have traditionally not been as appealing to the market as readily as EZE or perhaps some of the new destinations such as Vietnam (SGN) are.

A colleague is heading AKL to YYZ (Calgary) on UA via SFO and SEA saving him $250pp v. the AirNZ alternative of AKL-YVR-YYZ. Personally given the extra time taken I'd have sprung for the more direct service but money does talk.

Hunting for Heuristic trends

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    C'mon - everybody is entitled to open their pay packet every now and again. Even management have to live
    Dont get me wrong... Im not berating anyone. Im making an observation. With the Global outlook looking very shaky for everyone I would be doing the same thing, its the strategic move at this time.

It also signifies that there are situations evolving that everyone is exposed to and the early players/movers might but correct, or they might not. Or they might just be making a solid defensive move to protect what is here and now... as it might all go down hill in the next few months.

You all must have noticed the global doom and gloom thread that has found its way into the public media. USA election on the horizon ( no-one has a positive-outcome prediction for either choice scenario) , European banks looking very shaky, China slowing faster than ever, DOW still trending down, whats next ?

I had a ride on the motorbike last weekend, went down some back country roads... crossed a bridge to find a big roadworks sign... DANGER SLIPS AHEAD. HIGH RISK OF ROAD WASHOUT...
    Last edited by arc; 07-10-2016 at 10:39 AM.

^ Yeah agreed, I'm cashed up.. Quite content sitting on the sidelines.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphod View Post
    Jaa mentioned the competition which is very important, given any flight to EZE will require a connection from Australia to another country. There are sometimes cheaper routing options than Australia to EZE via AKL but they can be significantly longer and generally not as comfortable. On 15+ hrs of flight (inc connections) that will rate as important to many customers.

Other routes from Australia such as Canada, USA and Europe face competition from direct routes so have traditionally not been as appealing to the market as readily as EZE or perhaps some of the new destinations such as Vietnam (SGN) are.

A colleague is heading AKL to YYZ (Calgary) on UA via SFO and SEA saving him $250pp v. the AirNZ alternative of AKL-YVR-YYZ. Personally given the extra time taken I'd have sprung for the more direct service but money does talk.
    Its only as good as the Air Canada connection--In my wifes case she would now have to wait 8 hrs for the flight to Montreal--The money saving route is actually quicker for her--even after paying for the transit option in the USA.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I still haven't doubled down yet, been waiting and still looking for some signs of stability in price and perhaps another couple of months operating stats. Long term will be the plan when I get the sense of the sell off being over but with high volumes day after day at these levels I am not convinced it wont have a bit more weakness, even the brief jump to 1.92 wasn't the show of strength I had thought....

AIR is out of flavour and sentiment is weak so still sitting back and waiting.
    Thats sound logic WD--In spite of the desperate thinly disguised AIR ads we are seeing with monotonous consistency on this site,things are looking decidedly shaky both here and in markets in general....Good time to be prudent

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Thats sound logic WD--In spite of the desperate thinly disguised AIR ads we are seeing with monotonous consistency on this site,things are looking decidedly shaky both here and in markets in general....Good time to be prudent
    I'm heeding this advice Skid. Had thought about dipping my toes in but will be patient and wait for some clear sign of an upward trend (hoping to avoid a DCB). My portfolio is below where it was at Brexit so it's time for me exercise some calm and wait for the sun to come back out.

This is always a challenge. The only way to tell if a new trend is in place would be for the price to break several levels on the way up. By this time, the SP could be certainly $2+ and then at the point it might be ready for some consolidation. If this happens, where does it go from here?

You could end up wishing you bought at $1.75. On the other hand, if price continues to fall, you might consider yourself a genius for not buying at $1.75 and have an even better opportunity at a lower price.

At some point, some big money will start to get excited at the prospect of huge dividends plus a share price rebound and be tempted in.

These are just my opinions.

Guru

Dividend payments and share price rebound are 2 separate things

As this comes up often (the myth of div=free money) heres an article on dividends the plus and the minus

http://www.diyinvesting.org/concepts...nds-free-money

I agree that they are two different things but at some point, a stock that you might consider oversold and a stock that is going to pay a +10% dividend is what some would call a great opportunity.