sharetrader
Page 930 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 430830880920926927928929930931932933934940980103014301930 ... LastLast
Results 9,291 to 9,300 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just looking at the stats,Jetstar have slipped a bit of late but the 2 airlines have fluctuated alot over the years.Some periods Jetstar has better stats--so a blanket statement like that is probably a tad unfair. New stats for this year are out in Jan.
    I would imagine business passengers will choose AIR anyway as you get a drink etc.--Im not sure Jetstar is aiming at the business customers anyway in terms of priority. Probably more all those who want to get from A to B at a cheaper price.
    The reality for Jetcattle is starting to hit home of late due to the scale of their operation in NZ and lack of backup resources when things go pear shaped in comparison to Air. The cheap flights are not so cheap by the time you add in that extra piece of luggage and a set of skis etc, just an urban myth really.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    The reality for Jetcattle is starting to hit home of late due to the scale of their operation in NZ and lack of backup resources when things go pear shaped in comparison to Air. The cheap flights are not so cheap by the time you add in that extra piece of luggage and a set of skis etc, just an urban myth really.
    Stats out in Jan

Not to forget a not inconsiderable $26 per sector extra if you want seats with reasonable legroom rather than their sardine can like 29 inch pitch seats on their A320's.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Surely it should have been Bruce the Goose?

So $1.76 is the new $1.78

Onwards and whicheverwaywards

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I think $1.77 is the new $1.78, and as time goes on $1.80 will be the new $1.76. Just a waiting game now.
    Last edited by see weed; 12-10-2016 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    With near two thirds of the NZ population living in the NI they have the numbers, but the company let's itself down on many levels including its overpaid incompetent board. The aim now is to attract more overseas snow sports lovers to the mountain as an alternative to the likes of Q/town but that's a tough ask due to the isolation of the place, lack of amenities in the area etc. Any extra tourists they can attract will no doubt be good for Air though.
    NI participation in skiing is lousy, most consider a day out at sport is going to a cafe:-) Being serious..NZ participation has been static and going backwards and that is why SkiNZ under Paul is innovative with their learn to ski programs, packages and the SI simply has better fields. Still if it was not for Queenstown and its other activities plus Australians from Victoria the ski industry would not be sustainable..so what chance do they have....

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Just looking at the stats,Jetstar have slipped a bit of late but the 2 airlines have fluctuated alot over the years.Some periods Jetstar has better stats--so a blanket statement like that is probably a tad unfair. New stats for this year are out in Jan.
    I would imagine business passengers will choose AIR anyway as you get a drink etc.--Im not sure Jetstar is aiming at the business customers anyway in terms of priority. Probably more all those who want to get from A to B at a cheaper price.
    Went on my first jetstar flight for the first time after WOW, the price difference was nearly $300 each ..wellington- chch..the plane was dirty as and after having a chat with the flight crew they worked really hard..they do international and domestic concurrently, fiji, then Brisbane then wellington- chch..they were enjoying a shorter flight for a change. Certainly different feel to air..not planning on going with them again in a hurry..still for $900 at least it was a jet rather than the turbo prop.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    NI participation in skiing is lousy, most consider a day out at sport is going to a cafe:-) Being serious..NZ participation has been static and going backwards and that is why SkiNZ under Paul is innovative with their learn to ski programs, packages and the SI simply has better fields. Still if it was not for Queenstown and its other activities plus Australians from Victoria the ski industry would not be sustainable..so what chance do they have....
    I don't think the SI fields are necessarily better, I find Turoa and Whakapapa are excellent, technically challenging, caters to a wide range of abilities and with additional chair lifts recently and more in the works servicing is getting better also. Season up here is longer due to the higher elevation and early bird passes make it a good price for those getting a season pass with kids up to the age of 10 only having to pay $55 for a season pass so as a family its pretty reasonable, we don't have to drive up gravel roads to get to the car parks either. Some may have different opinions but from a purely ski's on the snow perspective (pipes and parks aside) I'm pretty happy with what we have.

Turoa is a nice quaint little township and good ski field but she's a fairly long drive from Auckland so the last time I bothered was 2002. AIR travel so cheap and convenient these days it makes Queenstown a compelling proposition.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    I don't think the SI fields are necessarily better, I find Turoa and Whakapapa are excellent, technically challenging, caters to a wide range of abilities and with additional chair lifts recently and more in the works servicing is getting better also. Season up here is longer due to the higher elevation and early bird passes make it a good price for those getting a season pass with kids up to the age of 10 only having to pay $55 for a season pass so as a family its pretty reasonable, we don't have to drive up gravel roads to get to the car parks either. Some may have different opinions but from a purely ski's on the snow perspective (pipes and parks aside) I'm pretty happy with what we have.
    haha I'm happy your happy..not the place to debate it...interesting the market doesn't agree with you:-)

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by STMOD View Post
    I can change the thread title to "NZ Skiing" and move it to the off-topic section if that is what people want.
    I think that should read and move it to the off-piste section.