sharetrader
Page 931 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 431831881921927928929930931932933934935941981103114311931 ... LastLast
Results 9,301 to 9,310 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Went on my first jetstar flight for the first time after WOW, the price difference was nearly $300 each ..wellington- chch..the plane was dirty as and after having a chat with the flight crew they worked really hard..they do international and domestic concurrently, fiji, then Brisbane then wellington- chch..they were enjoying a shorter flight for a change. Certainly different feel to air..not planning on going with them again in a hurry..still for $900 at least it was a jet rather than the turbo prop.
    Would have given you about enough extra time to wash your hands thoroughly after the flight Agree its a totally different feel. AIR aircraft feel a lot more modern, clean and tidy. Did you notice the 29 inch seat pitch on the Jetstar flight ? I flew them once to Chrischurch, the pilot had to do a go around on a perfectly clear fine windless morning, couldn't land at first attempt, go figure ? and I struggled to walk from the pain in my kneecaps from having them rammed so hard against the seat in front. Never again at any price. If I don't like AIR's price for a domestic flight I'll re-book for another date, take the Mercedes or take the flight anyway if someone else is paying
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2016 at 02:21 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Would have given you about enough extra time to wash your hands thoroughly after the flight Agree its a totally different feel. AIR aircraft feel a lot more modern, clean and tidy. Did you notice the 29 inch seat pitch on the Jetstar flight ? I flew them once to Chrischurch, the pilot had to do a go around on a perfectly clear fine windless morning, couldn't land at first attempt, go figure ? and I struggled to walk from the pain in my kneecaps from having them rammed so hard against the seat in front. Never again at any price. If I don't like AIR's price for a domestic flight I'll re-book for another date, take the Mercedes or take the flight anyway if someone else is paying
    Sounds like we have basic agreement one is a bit more comfortable and one is cheaper(for the most part in both cases)--guess its which of those attracts the masses that is the question.

OK Ill bite--What in the world is ''off -piste section''(coutts)?

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Always at the front of the plane on AIR, was also upfront on jetstar, second row, tighter than AIR however acceptable. Just enough room, i am 185cm so reasonably tall.

The 300$ cheaper each was in the context of booking so late...

ps Chch toilets may be grubber than jetstar planes thou...:-)

Advanced Member

AIR sp has a stronger feel to it today, or is it just another Claytons.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by skid View Post
    Sounds like we have basic agreement one is a bit more comfortable and one is cheaper(for the most part in both cases)--guess its which of those attracts the masses that is the question.

OK Ill bite--What in the world is ''off -piste section''(coutts)?
    Off-piste has nothing to do with missing the toilet seat whilst in transit but refers to skiing on unmarked or unpatrolled areas either inside or outside a ski resorts boundaries so was a kinda play on words yet relevant to STMods post in relation to the off-topic section of the forum, hope that helps.

Banned

Monthly stats are out, look solid enough to me, capacity increase on domestic due to AKL to Q/town route.(Todays ski talk relevant aye)

Default AIR N.Z. Books $A23m profit on sale of its remaining stake in Virgin

Stat's look reasonable to me but the headline should have read as above.

Note 3 to the Fy16 accounts shows AIR's remaining stake of just under 103m shares was revalued down to A20.5 cps as at balance date. They subsequently subscribed for their entitlement to the cash issue for another ~ $103m shares at $A21 cps so their stake would have cost / been valued at just on $A42.7m. Sold as noted in the monthly operating stat's for $A65.7m a profit of ~ $A23m by my calculations.
    Quick back of the envelope check to see if this looks reasonable. Profit was ~ 54% above cost / book value of $A20.75 cps so that makes the sale price A31.95 cps which is close to what they sold the main tranche earlier for @ $33 cps so the profit on sale looks like a very good outcome to me considering the revised shareholding was diluted by the cash issue at 21 cps. Very nice sale at a very nice profit !

They will take this profit "above the line" as per associate company movement / realisation of movement in valuation so that's some $24.5m Kiwi of profit to help towards my revised target of $475m before tax for FY16 but perhaps more importantly this represents the final cleansing of this Ansett Mk2 initiated by former management from AIR's books and draws this unhappy matter to a conclusion.

I applaud AIR's current directors and senior management for having the courage to cleanse AIR of this "investment" which I remain of the view is systemically flawed because of its business model of paying substantial royalties to Sir Richard Branson and substantial bonus's and grossly excessive monetary compensation to senior pilots and management in a company that has shown an absolutely appalling history of lack of profitability.

The only people who have done well out of Virgin, in order are Sir Richard Branson, Senior management, senior flight crew, suppliers and various other parties including airline code share partners. For minority shareholders VAH has been a truly shocking investment and if they can't make money last year when operating conditions for airlines were the most favourable in half a century, when will they...

Reasonable stat's and reasonable yield considering the low fuel price. On track to meet profit guidance within the companies indicated range I'd say.

Profit on sale of VAH adds 2.2 cps to NTA of AIR by my calculations and about $70m Kiwi to the bank account and they still have code share flight arrangements with VAH so a win all round !
    Dividend looking safer now
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-10-2016 at 03:46 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Those stats are a big improvement on the August numbers.

Might have to say what will happen to the share price if Christopher comes out and says 'We expect FY17 Operating Earnings to be at the top end of our previous stated guidance of $400m to $600m'
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Might have to say what will happen to the share price if Christopher comes out and says 'We expect FY17 Operating Earnings to be at the top end of our previous stated guidance of $400m to $600m'
    Back to +$2 by years end with that announcement. Been topping up on close everyday for last week.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

I think this time around they're playing the game of "under promise and over deliver"...hence the rhetoric of lower earnings expectation in their recent commentary.