sharetrader
Page 95 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 45859192939495969798991051451955951095 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Food4Thought View Post
    It was a guess... based on how the business is performing, on a year on year basis, what else are they going to do? They are playing a very smart game, of slowly increasing confidence in their company. Their Marketing is amazing.

Note: Do not work for AIRNZ, or anyone who would get inside information, I am basing my views/take/play on information that is available to anyone who does some DYOR.
    In that case you should make it clear when you post. Not make statements like you did which clearly infer you know something.

Quote Originally Posted by modandm View Post
    In that case you should make it clear when you post. Not make statements like you did which clearly infer you know something.
    How do you mean? Language can be interpreted in many ways, either written or spoken. You must be an accountant or work for IRD.

Modandm, if you would like to view something which I think is relevant and interesting, check out last year, 28th September 2012 when AIR announced SHAREBUY back... Then search finance.yahoo.com and search the date range until the share buy back ceased. Late December. When you compare the start price, of $1.10 late September and the finish price of $1.25. Check the announcements from AIR on the share platform you use, or on Yahoo. Perhaps this will help to point out where some helpful information is. I am full of BULL for AIR in the short term... at the least. Hopefully you find this useful. I like learning from other people on here. There are many people here who are better informed then I am, and also with much more experience. Share Trader. Share.

look at the price today will keep come down a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    look at the price today will keep come down a bit.
    You may find that as we head closer to when AIRNZ actually starts buying shares on market for their Share Buy Back program, in the 2nd week of October, that prices will generally increase. Yesterday was another good buy in day.

the share buyback program is just company's tactic to convince investor not to depress the share price.., if they really want to buy back shares.., when don't they do so last year when the price is far cheaper than this year

why don't they i mean

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    They have already gone through one lot of share buybacks...

Too right Moosie_900. No complaint's here.

If a company can't expand, the best option for spending cash is to buy back shares and increase investor wealth. Why are we complaining about this?
    ...Because the company is limited to how many shares they can buy per year due to policy Golden City.

They buy what they are allowed to, by law. Read the share buy back information. I think that should help clarify how they complete their Buy back program.

oh.., lucky wait until the right price than enter again

Quote Originally Posted by golden city View Post
    oh.., lucky wait until the right price than enter again
    ...if the US nonsense keeps going, the right price to enter may be in the next month. Then again, I still think AIR has not climbed as steeply as other shares, and will not drop back too far, especially with the confidence in their performance, management and outlook into the near future (for me that is 1-3 years). I think that, regardless of which government wins the next election in 2014, AIR will head North, somewhere towards $1.75 safely. And increase dividend, or keep it steady, for my near future thinking. That is just a guess. I wish I had cash