sharetrader
Page 972 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4728729229629689699709719729739749759769821022107214721972 ... LastLast
Results 9,711 to 9,720 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Div Comp - Not ticked:

Div Comp - Ticked:

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Many thanks Paper Tiger. It does look good technically...(at least from this hounds perspective)....how others choose to interpret whichever chart they want to use is entirely their own prerogative
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-11-2016 at 03:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mayday View Post
    a chance to touch $3 in 12 months I'd say (Donald Trump has won the US election, nothing seems impossible nowadays, it is all rational at the end of day)
    Geez..what a name for a poster/shareholder

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Many thanks Paper Tiger. It does look good technically...(at least from this hounds perspective)....how others choose to interpret whichever chart they want to use is entirely their own prerogative
    Sounds like your ready for another walk on the wild side Roger

Big party in Auckland the other night - Sustainable Business Network Awards night

Air NZ won the Renewables Impact section and then -

NZI Greatest Contribution to a Sustainable New Zealand (Supreme Award) Winner – Air New Zealand

Shareholders should feel proud of their company
    Last edited by winner69; 22-11-2016 at 07:18 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Press release about that award

http://sustainable.org.nz/wp-content...ds-winners.pdf

Sustainability permeates Air New Zealand’s business from the purchase of fuel efficient aircrafts to recycling and repurposing old uniforms, diversity workplace programmes, identification of Te Reo speakers on board aircraft and environmental programmes to preserve New Zealand’s natural environment. Furthermore, Air New Zealand’s sustainability framework is guided by an international panel of experts that challenge and advise the airline. All the airline's initiatives can be found
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

anyone else getting nervous about the lack of operating stats???

It was late in month last year

No worries

Banned

the last couple were mid-month but August was 22.

Guess I've still got my PEB hat on (where any delay in information is usually a very bad thing...)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Big party in Auckland the other night - Sustainable Business Network Awards night

Air NZ won the Renewables Impact section and then -

NZI Greatest Contribution to a Sustainable New Zealand (Supreme Award) Winner – Air New Zealand

Shareholders should feel proud of their company
    I think that's fair comment. Its certainly got some other companies reconsidering their viewpoint on electric vehicles. Someone had to lead the way so a majority owned airline which is a bit polluter seems like a good natural fit.
    Interestingly talking about things that make a real difference, if my memory serves me correctly they'll have nine dreamliners operating for the peak summer season up from six last year and that's a lot for the size of their fleet so their commitment to a fuel efficient fleet deserves the real accolades. You can see the materiality of this clearly in their estimated fuel consumption, (per August 2016 fuel hedging disclosure), estimated fuel consumption IH FY17 4,441,397 barrels, 2H FY17 4,275,793 barrels. I guess getting rid of the old thirsty 767's and replacing them with new aircraft really does make a meaningful difference ! ~166,000 barrels less = 26,400,000 litres less fuel burned..puts their 65,000 litres saved from electric vehicles into perspective doesn't it !

That said my wife and I had a good conversation about electric vehicles last night and agreed that >95% of our trips could be undertaken by a relatively inexpensive near new Nissan Leaf which only cost about $25K.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2016 at 09:30 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default A little cheeky reflection on dividend stripping.

At the time of the big announcement, (late August) I suggested that any attempt to strip would take considerably longer than normal due to the dividends size.

I also suggested some of the dividend is built into the price in the short period before it goes ex.

Some cunning people were buying AIR at $2.17 in the afternoon of the profit announcement, so how did those divvy hounds do in the period from the end of August to now if they were cunning enough to hold the whole time, (regrettably I wasn't).

First up one must look at the market overall. According to Craigs its down ~ 9% since the peak in early Sept.

All other things being equal then AIR's SP should be down 9% too $2.17 less 9% = $1.97 but the shares are presently at $2.01. How much of this is to do with effective dividend stripping and how much to do with an oversold bounce from a low of $1.73 ex divvy is frankly anyone's guess.

Conclusion, if you timed your buying right at the time of the announcement and held long enough, nearly 3 months you have effectively stripped this gigantean dividend, albeit ameliorated by a general decline in the market, an perhaps a little fortuitously from a slight recovery in sentiment toward the company, but effectively stripped it on NZX50 general decline weighted basis nonetheless.

This is all probably pretty creative accounting, hence the word cheeky in the title
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-11-2016 at 10:37 AM.