sharetrader
Page 974 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 4748749249649709719729739749759769779789841024107414741974 ... LastLast
Results 9,731 to 9,740 of 20188

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Default People love Paradise

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/migrat...tober-b-197010

Coming in record numbers to visit and stay.

P.S. November 2016 edition of AIR's monthly inflight magazine is showing on the second to last page under fleet stat's they now have 9 dreamliners, confirming my recollection the other day so they're all set to operate all these lovely new fuel efficient aircraft over the busy summer season.
    Last edited by Beagle; 24-11-2016 at 09:52 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Year on Year Cumulative Revenue Comparisons:

Short Haul:
    Jul: 99.36%
    Aug: 99.26%
    Sep: 99.18%
    Oct: 99.65%

Long Haul:
    Jul: 99.99%
    Aug: 98.62%
    Sep: 98.07%
    Oct: 97.13%

Year on Year October Month Revenue Comparison (Estimate)
    Short: 101.06%
    Long: 94.30%

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    I think the market has been factoring in a 10-20% drop in revenue so these figures are not that bad. I heard a whisper that forward bookings were up 5% on last year for the summer months obviously yield will be down. Historically AIR share price has always climbed NOV thru MAR and I see the same occurring again.

Advanced Member

Surely its worth noting the trend with long haul travel people usually book well in advance so the effect of the new players entering the market has not yet been fully felt (this can help explain why long haul load factors continue to decrease month to month).

Question to the floor what load factor does AIR need to make on each of the main long haul routes to break even ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post
    Surely its worth noting the trend with long haul travel people usually book well in advance so the effect of the new players entering the market has not yet been fully felt (this can help explain why long haul load factors continue to decrease month to month).

Question to the floor what load factor does AIR need to make on each of the main long haul routes to break even ?

Yield per seat is a of bigger importance than load factor.

Quote Originally Posted by boysy View Post

It depends on the yield of each seat sold. For twenty odd years AIR operated to the UK with high load factors but never made a profit on this route, until CL marketed it as a single trip LAX - LHR and LHR - LAX. Previously it was marketed as a return trip. AIR can break even on low load factors where they have a monopoly on the route. They equally can have full aircraft and run at a loss.
    Last edited by RTFQ; 24-11-2016 at 10:54 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Yield per seat is a of bigger importance than load factor.
    That's why I'm not too worried about the decrease in long haul load factors, as long as Air maintain their domestic stronghold it doesn't matter who brings in the extra punters, Air will despatch them around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    That's why I'm not too worried about the decrease in long haul load factors, as long as Air maintain their domestic stronghold it doesn't matter who brings in the extra punters, Air will despatch them around the country.
    Yeah, try getting a cheap fare to Queenstown this summer
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default In good company with another very handsome goose

http://www.newshub.co.nz/business/ai...ock-2016100617

Well I feel like a bit of a goose cashing out because of "Trumped up" fears but I'm pleased to be back on board and see I'm in good company with another attractive goose called Dave, although this particular goose is definitly a Kiwi Long run I am satisfied they can maintain a 20 cps divvy.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

Well I feel like a bit of a goose cashing out because of "Trumped up" fears but I'm pleased to be back on board and see I'm in good company with another attractive goose called Dave, although this particular goose is definitly a Kiwi Long run I am satisfied they can maintain a 20 cps divvy.
    Good for you Rodger, awareness is half the battle!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post

I had anticipated considerably more weakness and never bought back in - still happy with the modest holding I have.

Both flights between Auckland and Brisbane in the last couple of weeks were bursting, the return had code sharing with 5 airlines looking at the flight details and staff were as impressive as always.