sharetrader
Page 98 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 48889495969798991001011021081481985981098 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Christopher Luxon rebuttal on the Air NZ v Virgin Australia battle.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...on-speculation

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...on-air-nz-sale

No decision made on Air NZ sale

Updated about 1 hour ago

The Government says no decision has been made about it when it might sell shares in Air New Zealand.

Business analyst Brian Gaynor said on Thursday there is a strong chance the Government will sell off part of its stake in the the next couple of weeks.

The Government owns 73.4% of the national carrier and intends to sell down to 51% as part of its asset sale programme, but has not indicated when.

Associate Minister of Finance Jonathan Coleman said on Thursday that Finance Bill English has not made any final decision.

Mr Gaynor, the executive director of Milford Asset Management, said regulations about insider trading dictate when and how the Government sells the shares, and the window of opportunity is small.

"The Government gets monthly accounts from Air New Zealand, therefore, it's considered to be an insider.

"Under the insider trading guidelines, the Crown cannot sell the shares after the first of December until the beginning of March. If it wants to sell them over the next two or three months it has to sell those shares by the end of November."

Mr Gaynor told Radio New Zealand's Morning Report programme airlines are always considered a risky investment, but Air New Zealand has been doing well.

The Treasury denies there is only a small window of opportunity for the Government to sell the shares. A spokesperson said on Thursday the Crown can trade regardless of such restrictions.

The spokesperson says ministers and Treasury officials who are involved in decisions about the Crown selling its shares in listed companies do not have any non-public information that would legally prevent the Crown from making the transaction.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Talking Up In The Air

NZHerald: Government Sell Down Now On

Stuff: Similar Thing

20% available

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Already received an email from my broker....

How do i get my hands on some shares? i have account with ASB and Direct brooking
    Bye Bye BUy

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by NOCASH View Post
    How do i get my hands on some shares? i have account with ASB and Direct brooking
    From the Herald article:

"Mr Ryall said New Zealanders interested in purchasing Air New Zealand shares should talk to a sharebroker or authorised financial adviser.''

Default Cullen Airlines and your money

Roll-up roll-up, get your tickets for the Virgin Australia cash burn here. Give your cash to the nice Kiwi lady. Pay no attention to Michael Cullen hiding behind the curtain.

Boop-boop-de-do
    Marilyn

I've been waiting for this.

I - with much shame - must admit to owning Air NZ, for the second time, having not been happy with an 80% loss the first time around. Maybe I should go for 90% this time?

I don't know what it is with airlines. Even with all the history, and knowing the Branson quote, and reading Buffett rant about the subject, I've still ended up owning it twice.

I think the problem is, the time you should be selling it (ie after things have gone right for a short period, in other words, just before they invariably go wrong again), it always looks cheap. Plus there is so much operating leverage, "if only this..." and "if only that..." they'd consistently make real money.

I've held on recently due to positive momentum and suspect a larger free float may push it up further.

Shoot me if I still hold it in a year.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

IMO

Im hearing around $1.60 plus brokerage of course.