sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    I thought along the same lines Ggcc, would not have thought a rap video would fit with the majority of their passengers, have not seen it, but don't think I'm missing anything.
    Gone back to the Rachael Hunter one from 2016 I think Mr Beagle
    And that one with Rachael in it is pretty stupid as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    And that one with Rachael in it is pretty stupid as well
    Given their premium pricing the common theme is they think most of their customers are stupid.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Given their premium pricing the common theme is they think most of their customers are stupid.
    Raz, can you expound on that argument please. I have a theory too about premium pricing but I would be interested to hear yours.

Latest consumer confidence survey out and doesn't look too bad. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...t-purchasehtml Forward bookings dropping off must have been because of that absurd juvenile safety video.
    Its time to stop mucking around and bring back the eye candy, sexy sells, always has and always will. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0tkeGPG_8Q
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-02-2019 at 10:19 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

......now your'e talking Beagle. Couldnt get abreast of that "other" video but definitely not the case with this one. Maybe even 2.
    Have a Gr8day.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Latest consumer confidence survey out and doesn't look too bad. http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/f...t-purchasehtml Forward bookings dropping off must have been because of that absurd juvenile safety video.
    Its time to stop mucking around and bring back the eye candy, sexy sells, always has and always will. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0tkeGPG_8Q
    Can't be any good ...only 210,000 views compared to the zillions of the 'other' one

And 10,000 of those views are you so even worse
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

He has got you there.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......now your'e talking Beagle. Couldnt get abreast of that "other" video but definitely not the case with this one. Maybe even 2.
    Can't be any good ...only 210,000 views compared to the zillions of the 'other' one

Classic.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Fair value around $2.60-$2.70 I reckon.
    Nearly there.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Hi Chris,
    Shareholders I know are VERY disappointed with the profit forecast downgrade.
    (AHHH—my dividend is at risk and I paid too much!!!!)

Rolls Royce engine issues obviously having quite an impact but why are AIR not recovering all their losses from these highly problematic engines from the manufacturer?

If every airline did this Rolls will almost certainly disappear leaving only ONE large engine manufacturer---not a good position for the industry to be in!! Airline’s play one maker against another when buying new aircraft, with only one manufacturer engines will skyrocket in price…and no incentive for the remaining engine maker to improve its products going forward!)

Dreamliner become a nightmareliner ?..Time to take RR to task properly for all the losses or leave that until they can be fully quantified at the end of the fix ?

See above--- although we will probably buy more of these soon!!! ( we got a good deal with Boeing and rolls! I will be gone before they arrive! Just like the last CEO)

Too many people in AIR with an entitlement attitude earning over $250K in my opinion. Time for a 3 year wage freeze like Qantas did for anyone earning over this amount ?

Hope you not including me in that!!! My deck needs upgrading again soon!!!

Why waste millions ever year producing new safety video's when the public would probably enjoy you guys bring back some of the classics like the safety in paradise one or the body paint one ?

I’m not putting body paint on for anyone!!! That was the last guy in charge!

Engineers too greedy last year with their demands, outsource more engineering overseas to beat greedy unions ?

I agree sack all the engineers that will fix it!!! Some are due to leave in the next few years anyway, Let’s pay them a year’s salary to leave tomorrow so they can go to the beach and drink beer!
    We have only done that heaps of time’s before, only to re-employee them later… we love paying staff a year’s wages to only re-employee them again… ( We never seem to learn that one) I know one guy who’s done that about 4 times!!!!

No offense Christopher just couldn't resist !!!!

An no Beagle I am not upset at your comments!!! you need a laugh in this hot weather....