sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Latest safety video out

AIR have lost the plot

Chris needs to rein some people in ...he’s losing control?
    Looks like Air NZ expects a lot of flexibility from their passengers - but hey, all good fun. Clearly one of the lesser boring inflight videos I've seen. Obviously - "de gustibus non est disputandum".
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Latest safety video out

AIR have lost the plot

Have you got a link mate ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Default No sniffing dog there.........

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Have you got a link mate ?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...ew-zealand-yet

Latest safety video out

AIR have lost the plot

Bit of fun, I can't see a problem with it but then again not as good as this one and plenty of people had a problem with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0tkeGPG_8Q
    This new one would have been better with a couple of beagle's in it somewhere.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bit of fun, I can't see a problem with it but then again not as good as this one and plenty of people had a problem with this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0tkeGPG_8Q
    Some people simply just have a problem with everything......

Guru

This video does not do what it's intended purpose is. I am sure a majority of the passengers over 40 will not even be able to understand what is actually being conveyed. Bit sloppy. I do not have a problem with it personally but I dare say a lot of their intended audience will not even know what is being said and thus they will not get the message.
    That said, they need to stop the safety briefings/videos on flights full stop. No one listens, no one pays attention, and if your plane slams into the ocean or a mountainside, no amount of oxygen, crouching and covering your face, knowing where the nearest exit is, is going to help.

IMO

Easy to understand for this plus 40 year old and with some great humour which aids remembering.
    Many plane accidents are survivable, knowing where your exit is and being close to it and sitting in the back may be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Easy to understand for this plus 40 year old and with some great humour which aids remembering.
    Many plane accidents are survivable, knowing where your exit is and being close to it and sitting in the back may be the difference.
    Last two seats down the back of AIR's A320 are especially cramped. Really, claustrophobic, so bad, they're almost as low as Jetheaps standards so I am happy to take my chances elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    I have to +1 JT. There are plenty of incidents involving depressurisation of the cabin where oxygen masks have been deployed and it's evident that passengers have NFI what to do or that the masks are supposed to be worn over the nose and mouth or panic because the bag doesn't inflate. There's also ample evidence that in the event of an evacuation, that passengers retrieving hand luggage delay evacuation which has potential life and death consequences.

Likewise the investigation into Ethiopian Airlines Flight 961 revealed that of the 125 casualties - many of the passengers survived the initial crash, but they had disregarded or did not hear the pilot's warning not to inflate their life jackets inside the aircraft, causing them to be pushed against the ceiling of the fuselage by the inflated life jackets when water flooded in. Unable to escape, they drowned.

An estimated 60 to 80 passengers, strapped to their seats, presumably drowned. 50 survived including 44 with serious injuries as they managed to exit the aircraft despite their injuries and survived.

I work with with a forensic odontologist who has worked on identifying bodies from dental records and after lots of discussions, I can tell you that I prefer an aisle seat within 4 rows of a door and wear leather shoes any time I fly (because feet and leg injuries from broken glass, torn sharp surfaces and burning ground slow evacuees from escaping an aircraft). And I have a bloody good open hand rugby fend if someone is between me, my kids and my wife getting out the door and they are trying to get their carryall out before we get out of the plane.

Guru

Well stated Rep.

It always amazes me the number of people that remove their shoes prior to take off. They should be on for take off and landing. That is when they are most likely to need them in anger.