sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Growth in the travel sector will benefit few sectors and companies in those sectors mostly. In other words cousin stocks will benefit. Could AIR NZ also become one winner because of the travel sector?

https://realassets.ipe.com/reports/t...025358.article

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Flightradar24 tracked over 200,000 flights yesterday

This is a cool animation of where all those planes flew

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/st...88775973556224
    that is so amazing , and I just want to know why the heck so many people want to be somewhere else?

Thankfully they do though for companies like AIR

I wasnt going to post this but now I will - a cup I found in the unpackings from when I worked at Air New Zealand in the Group Financial Systems dept.
    IMG_0559.jpgIMG_0558.jpg

sorry about the memorabilia but where else could I post this stuff - i dont think there is a reddit subthread.

Yeh the divvies look really attactive. I may have to buy a few just for that even though airlines scare me as investments.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK180...nd-service.htm
    AIR going above and beyond to help Air Chatams make a go of their new Kapiti service.
    This hound thinks many canny retired residents of Kapiti will still drive to Wellington and pick up much cheaper fares on AIR or JetStar, (in the same manner Wanganui residents do with Palmerston North specials) especially when the new transmission gully motorway opens and reduces travel time to even further below the time the average Aucklander takes to get to Auckland airport. Good luck to Air Chatams with their ancient Saab aircraft.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-07-2018 at 04:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK180...nd-service.htm
    AIR going above and beyond to help Air Chatams make a go of their new Kapiti service.
    This hound thinks many canny retired residents of Kapiti will still drive to Wellington and pick up much cheaper fares on AIR or JetStar, (in the same manner Wanganui residents do with Palmerston North specials) especially when the new transmission gully motorway opens and reduces travel time to even further below the time the average Aucklander takes to get to Auckland airport. Good luck to Air Chatams with their ancient Saab aircraft.
    Not going to happen Beagle, well not on the scale you may think. My partner lives in Kapiti and she would no way drive to Wellington (stop start stop start) (where do you park?) and then take the flight to Wellington. She regularly took the 7am out of Kapiti to Auckland, was happy paying $229 (give or take and paying 169 on the return flight at 6.10pm) IF you have to drive to Wellington for equivalent flight times, you would need to leave here at 5am, and would not be back home till 8:30pm as opposed to 7:30pm. Its only a 10 min drive to the airport here so a 7am flight means leaving home at 6:30 is plenty easy.

yeh going to Palmy isnt nearly as convenient on quite a few counts and while you can often get a cheap flight one way by the time you pay a good price for the return it just doesnt stack up time/money wise.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I don't think that AIR are going above and beyond here. More like getting a PR win at a cheap price (after shooting themselves in the foot last year with the manner of their withdrawal).

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

not too tempting for beagles
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    not too tempting for beagles
    Not at all, I'd be barking mad if someone tried to serve me a synthetic burger. Might suit Raz though on his business class flights to LA.

How long before Shane Jones rants about this being anti New Zealand farming and calls on Air NZ to support their local story more?