sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I have to laugh at myself here, this is the only stock I saw any value in so ended up buying at $3.13, as for the others like SPK, yeah nah, MSCI index was a fizzer.
    Early days but nice work so far!

IMO

a renewed cooperation announcement between AIR and Qantas a little later this arvo may be a fillip.

IMO

Code sharing on 115 domestic routes in Aus /NZ using one of the others airlines to complete their journey in one 2nd journey.Includes cargo and ground services etc. 3rd attempt at this codesharing successful. source NZR National
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 01-06-2018 at 01:34 PM.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...share-deal.htm

Virgin must be gutted. Good on AIR partnering with a proper airline to make travel easier.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Bit slow on it today with your beloved AIR Rog but more info in your link. All good, although a minor announcement for AIR ,a positive one.

Outside thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU180...share-deal.htm

Virgin must be gutted. Good on AIR partnering with a proper airline to make travel easier.
    Last time I flew AIR and Virgin the Virgin connection was cancelled at the last moment, meaning a 5hr wait till their next flight. I would never fly Virgin again. This move is the right one IMO.

Isnt code-sharing just brand dilution?

Surely if you value your brand you wouldnt degrade it by letting other companies deal with your clients.
    Obviously theres some big economic value to be gained but wouldnt a well capitalised business expand it services rather than fob off its customers to a (supposedly ) inferior service.

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Isnt code-sharing just brand dilution?

Surely if you value your brand you wouldnt degrade it by letting other companies deal with your clients.
    Obviously theres some big economic value to be gained but wouldnt a well capitalised business expand it services rather than fob off its customers to a (supposedly ) inferior service.
    I agree, the things is they have a short tern commodity focus to strategic planning.

percy

"My enemy's enemy is my friend."

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    I have to laugh at myself here, this is the only stock I saw any value in so ended up buying at $3.13, as for the others like SPK, yeah nah, MSCI index was a fizzer.
    The drop was so mouth watering for me.... I ended up selling ATM at 10.87 and ended up buying a good chunk of AIR at 3.18... when i see both today... seems to be a good decision.
    Last edited by carrom74; 01-06-2018 at 09:29 PM.