sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

…just try’n to manage expectations… Maverick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    lol - Yeah, there's a few companies I wouldn't mind shorting including that one. I'm looking for the right service provider and platform at present.
    Ive read it here that CMC markets have been suggested for "shorting". I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole, if it's not standard offering of theirs or with any meaningful amount of moola.

A few weeks ago I refired up my account with them (dormant from yonks ago when I dabbled in a bit of currency "gambling" - which is what it is.)with the view of leveraging to buy OCA .

Well ... long story short, they don't offer OCA but told me they would ,on 2 occasions and confirmed with an email, as long as it was over the phone. So I pop in 2k to trial the procedure.
    They buy me OCA at $1.23 as agreed(that was the right price at the time), I find out the next day they bought me OCA in Aussy @ $1.23, not NZ at $1.23 , So I'm down 5%.
    I phone them and they said they would reverse the trade, which they promptly did to their credit.

But this is where it got wierd, they then called me to say they don't , and won't, do OCA (after saying twice they would).
    I then get an email saying they will close my account fully, as I am unsuitable? Say what???. In quite a harsh email I have been unceremoniously termited despite ALL of our conversations , to their poor English speaking call Center's, being very pleasant.

These guys clearly demonstrated through numerous conflicting story's they don't know what the heck they are up to, outside of standard procedure.
    There is no way I would trust them with any substantial money, even for there standard offerings.

I have no doubt they willl refund the 2k in full but will be more than pleased to have my account shutdown by them.

maybe they are still pi**ed with me because I walked away with a currency profit.
    Last edited by Maverick; 20-02-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Ive read it here that CMC markets have been suggested for "shorting". I wouldn't go near them with a barge pole, if it's not standard offering of theirs or with any meaningful amount of moola.

A few weeks ago I refired up my account with them (dormant from yonks ago when I dabbled in a bit of currency "gambling" - which is what it is.)with the view of leveraging to buy OCA .

Well ... long story short, they don't offer OCA but told me they would ,on 2 occasions and confirmed with an email, as long as it was over the phone. So I pop in 2k to trial the procedure.
    They buy me OCA at $1.23 as agreed(that was the right price at the time), I find out the next day they bought me OCA in Aussy @ $1.23, not NZ at $1.23 , So I'm down 5%.
    I phone them and they said they would reverse the trade, which they promptly did to their credit.

But this is where it got wierd, they then called me to say they don't , and won't, do OCA (after saying twice they would).
    I then get an email saying they will close my account fully, as I am unsuitable? Say what???. In quite a harsh email I have been unceremoniously termited despite ALL of our conversations , to their poor English speaking call Center's, being very pleasant.

These guys clearly demonstrated through numerous conflicting story's they don't know what the heck they are up to, outside of standard procedure.
    There is no way I would trust them with any substantial money, even for there standard offerings.

I have no doubt they willl refund the 2k in full but will be more than pleased to have my account shutdown by them.
    Easier if you do the trade yourself in their app , then you will know you are dealing the right code. Never had a problem with share index's, Gold , Shares, or currencies.
    It's a pretty simple platform and instant execution unlike dealing NZ shares .....

qantas rising stronly in aus even after there outlook
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Easier if you do the trade yourself in their app , then you will know you are dealing the right code. Never had a problem with share index's, Gold , Shares, or currencies.
    It's a pretty simple platform and instant execution unlike dealing NZ shares .....
    it would appear CMC have poor customer service but I've never had any problems, and I wouldn't keep large amounts in their account, is not really necessary with leverage.

And yeh instant execution is actually better than DB or Craigs, you pull the trigger yourself. But hey they're a bucket shop effectively so I take care.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post

maybe they are still pi**ed with me because I walked away with a currency profit.
    Interesting post Mav. You have struck me as a perfectly reasonable, level headed, polite and intelligent guy both times we have met so for it to come to this with CMC markets is quite concerning. For what its worth I went to a lot of trouble to complete their online application last week and at the end of quite an exhausting and thorough process, I pressed send and got a message there is an error in your application. It did not highlight where in the many pages the error was. WTF ? They have all my contact details for 4 working days now but have not contacted me to finalize the process. I've decided I am not going to chase them.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-02-2020 at 03:11 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Interesting. I used CMC for some 4x trading. Lost two small parcels mostly from not having enough to cover sudden spikes and they cash you out when your reseves hit flat line. So I decided that Maverick's gambling wasn't for me either (even though it was fun while it lasted).
    Didn't try trading stocks with them because their offering was pretty limited.

Here’s a good report on how green airlines are

https://www.oag.com/how-green-is-you...7-c94cd3379600
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Last edited by Beagle; 21-02-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Air NZ have slashed CHC-BNE on Grabaseat offering $99 flights CHC to BNE. Tax etc alone on the route is $70.75

Not much left for AIR
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Air NZ have slashed CHC-BNE on Grabaseat offering $99 flights CHC to BNE. Tax etc alone on the route is $70.75

Not much left for AIR
    Probably another $10 per passenger in landing fees and more for airways fees...basically flying for nothing. I also saw $249 return to Sydney and last time I looked years ago fees out of Sydney were over $90, probably well over $100 now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-02-2020 at 11:28 AM.