sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Shareholders currently happy SP rocketed up yesterday in aus ..........$1.47NZ sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    What are their competitors doing? Are Emirates or Qantas handling their credits the same way?
    No idea. AIR are subject to N.Z. law under the fair trading act. However their competitors are handling things is not an excuse for egregious breeches of this act.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    What are their competitors doing? Are Emirates or Qantas handling their credits the same way?
    Not sure about them. I had credits from an European airline. Full credit for 24 months (booking by then, not travelling) to be used for partial or full single or multi bookings for any flights with them.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not sure about them. I had credits from an European airline. Full credit for 24 months (booking by then, not travelling) to be used for partial or full single or multi bookings for any flights with them.
    Seems substantially more reasonable.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Credit is credit....be greatfull to get it...

Otherwise...go and claim your insurance...if the insurance going to cover.

Consider u all lucky to get a refund or credit in your names only. Some airlines collapsed because of these unprecedented event....

Otherwise ...next time use your Waka to travel.lol
    You got to be sh*^ing me King1212

Real story just happened last week in my family:
    My partner’s sister in law currently in Hong Kong, she attempted to book a flight from Hong Kong to Auckland. After she make the payment online and receive “confirmation”, few hours later she receives notification the flight is cancelled. Then she receives a credit from Air NZ. And guess what, when I check the flight for her again, AirNZ is still accepting booking for that cancelling flight. If you don't call that a scam, what is scam?

This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Why would Air NZ still take bookings online when there is absolutely no flight?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Credits which if partially used the rest is lost.
    If the credits are from international flights are hard to use in full domestically.
    Well I have to correct myself here.
    What I said is what has been reported but I just rang AIR (45min wait but very helpful person at the end) and booked a domestic flight using one of my credits.
    They will issue a partial credit for the remainder.

Their website also says that they are working on a better way to handle using credits - online way.
    Happy(ish) customer again.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 44wishlists View Post
    You got to be sh*^ing me King1212

Real story just happened last week in my family:
    My partner’s sister in law currently in Hong Kong, she attempted to book a flight from Hong Kong to Auckland. After she make the payment online and receive “confirmation”, few hours later she receives notification the flight is cancelled. Then she receives a credit from Air NZ. And guess what, when I check the flight for her again, AirNZ is still accepting booking for that cancelling flight. If you don't call that a scam, what is scam?

This is extremely frustrating and disappointing. Why would Air NZ still take bookings online when there is absolutely no flight?
    That is complete BS! (Edit - sorry meant to say.....BS on the part of Air NZ)
    Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 03-06-2020 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    That is complete BS!
    Are you sure about that? When they cancelled out flights to Sydney ex Christchurch the flights out have not been cancelled and can still be booked...

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/busi...cid=spartandhp

AIR's behaviour is getting under a lot of people's skin. Coutts told me earlier today he's still waiting for his credit 4 weeks after it was promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    That is complete BS!
    If you don't believe it, go to AirNZ, and try to book yourself a one way ticket from HK to AKL on the 3rd July. Unbelievably, the flight is still open for booking. Attached is a screenshot of the email my sister in law shortly received from AirNZ, after she PAID for her ticket.

Attachment 11643