sharetrader
Page 687 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 18758763767768368468568668768868969069169773778711871687 ... LastLast
Results 6,861 to 6,870 of 20178

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8DAY View Post
    ......cant believe anyone would be selling at these levels with such potential news about to be released to the market, any day soon? Might be worth 20 or 30c to the SP........IMHO.
    Profit taking is my guess. Some clever people went shopping at 2.05. Wish I was one of them.

Or different kind of clever people keeping price down to stock up. Seems to be some odd sells going on.....

I am resisting the urge to buy more but feel comfortable that the VAH thing will play out well. See if I can resist if it goes down below 2.25....
    Last edited by workingdad; 31-05-2016 at 12:21 PM.

Maybe some are viewing the HNA share issue as a negative?
    Anyone have any comments on this? VAH share price seems to be reacting positively and as a major shareholder that's a plus but does it weaken AIRs position on selling at a premium?

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Anyone have any comments on this? VAH share price seems to be reacting positively and as a major shareholder that's a plus but does it weaken AIRs position on selling at a premium?
    Could temper any enthusiasm Singapore / Ethiad / Virgin / newcomer had
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

-aholic

I am resisting the urge to buy more but feel comfortable that the VAH thing will play out well. See if I can resist if it goes down below 2.25....

there you go you might wanna stock up now?

Quote Originally Posted by smtrader View Post

there you go you might wanna stock up now?
    Still resisting the urge just at the moment but seems to be some resistance at this level.

You might get that bear pin today....

I'm only thinking straight off the cuff here and out loud, (which is usually a dangerous thing to do LOL), but first up its important to note this is imply a heads of agreement at this stage.
    Not only would it probably require the necessary approvals from Canberra but I would have thought it would also be something that would need ratification from shareholders by way of special resolution requiring 75% approval i.e. AIR's agreement. I think the lack of premium to NTA reflects the weakness of VAH's balance sheet, its present gearing level of nearly 6:1 debt equity is not something any airline should be proud of and its presently approximately breaking even when most airlines are doing well. Whether AIR can execute a transaction at a premium to that price now there's been that line drawn in the sand for their strategic stake now the balance sheet is somewhat strengthened remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm only thinking straight off the cuff here and out loud, (which is usually a dangerous thing to do LOL), but first up its important to note this is imply a heads of agreement at this stage.
    Not only would it probably require the necessary approvals from Canberra but I would have thought it would also be something that would need ratification from shareholders by way of special resolution requiring 75% approval i.e. AIR's agreement. I think the lack of premium to NTA reflects the weakness of VAH's balance sheet, its present gearing level of nearly 6:1 debt equity is not something any airline should be proud of and its presently approximately breaking even when most airlines are doing well. Whether AIR can execute a transaction at a premium to that price now there's been that line drawn in the sand for their strategic stake now the balance sheet is somewhat strengthened remains to be seen.
    I like it when you think out loud.
    I didn't realize the requirements for it to go through. Seems some posturing going on and the rift between AIR and VAH perhaps in play......

Yes quite possibly wd. TBH I'm not sure what existing shareholder approvals if any are required for a company to issue that quantum of shares on the ASX, so above post is just a guess really.
    Maybe this is a form of VAH expressing its dissatisfaction with its unsupportive shareholder ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-05-2016 at 02:58 PM.

Lots of guesswork, proposals, charts, premiums, knives (falling, bouncing and placed between ribs) and AIR rises 1.6%

Meanwhile, back at the coalface, no guesswork, no rumours, no knives and HBL ticks up just the same percentage.

Moral of the story ??

Sometimes ya moneys just better off in The Bank

-aholic

So some major funds just entered the market in the last 10 minutes.. across the board.. atm, tme, even air.. right now there is one buy order at 225 for 1.1milion... i dont know what happend but im taking a dive and ignoring all fundamentals and technicals... 'follow the big boys money' is what they say.. so i did

disc. now holding