sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

IMO

I guess the next logical step to reduce staff costs will be hosts ala Westworld made from synthetic meat burgers serving synthetic meat burgers.. First and Business class travellers will have a choice , host or sentient being servers.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 04-07-2018 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL I actually agree with them on this one. I think its a disgrace that they're actively promoting a red meat substitute and it is a slap in the face for beef farmers in N.Z.
    Remember this...they said this was the wonder drug that solves all ills and it was really good for you https://www.theguardian.com/society/...asbestos-drugs
    Eat real meat and tell em they're dreaming with their lab concocted synthetic rubbish. (Disc: Not the start of a new campaign, I'm too old to be bothered with campaign's anymore).
    Woah woah
    Impossible Burgers say @Our burger is made from simple, all-natural ingredients such as wheat, coconut oil, and potato.
    Whats that got to do with thalidomide?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Woah woah
    Impossible Burgers say @Our burger is made from simple, all-natural ingredients such as wheat, coconut oil, and potato.
    Whats that got to do with thalidomide?
    Okay maybe the analyogy was a little "out there" but in my opinion the devil is often in the detail with these synthetic products. Its what they don't tell you that's in there that should have sensible people wondering. Beagle's eat real meat, "the best or nothing" oh wait a minute isn't that a Mercedes-Benz marketing catch-phrase Anyway we're off track here and its just a menu item and thankfully nobody is force-feeding anyone this latest experiment in synthetic food engineering.

Back to AIR - Should be close to an all time record result when they announce in late August.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-07-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Well its certainly good advertising for them. I cant see the big deal, if someone wants one order it, if not get the alternatives. Expecting a NZ company to make decisions based on agriculture is not sound and I wouldn't expect them to start putting wool lining on their seats just because we have a wool industry here either.

On a different note, the Christchurch domestic lounge was standing room only for a reasonable period late yesterday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    Well its certainly good advertising for them. I cant see the big deal, if someone wants one order it, if not get the alternatives. Expecting a NZ company to make decisions based on agriculture is not sound and I wouldn't expect them to start putting wool lining on their seats just because we have a wool industry here either.

On a different note, the Christchurch domestic lounge was standing room only for a reasonable period late yesterday afternoon.
    ...and plenty of pretty reasonably comfortable seats outside for the plebs .....and nice and quiet as well
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Recently a dairy farmer told me his cows were individually monitored monthly with KPI's around their individual milk production (vol, fats etc) .As soon as any cow's KPI's dropped below a certain level, due to old age, foot rot, or any illness or infection, off they were sent to the works to basically mushed up with all the others, turned into hamburger meat ( pumped full of additives) which was then shipped off to the US to be sold as grass fed prime beef hamburger patties. I guess there's a difference between perception & reality, & an Impossible Burger using natural plant products sounds much healthier to me, for both human consumption & the planet. There's no doubt it's the future & good on forward thinking Air NZ for leading the way by offering alternatives. Although this is a little off topic, it's another small example in my book, of why Air NZ is one of the world's best airlines.
    Disc - shareholder
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 05-07-2018 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL I actually agree with them on this one. I think its a disgrace that they're actively promoting a red meat substitute and it is a slap in the face for beef farmers in N.Z.
    Remember this...they said this was the wonder drug that solves all ills and it was really good for you https://www.theguardian.com/society/...asbestos-drugs
    Eat real meat and tell em they're dreaming with their lab concocted synthetic rubbish. (Disc: Not the start of a new campaign, I'm too old to be bothered with campaign's anymore).
    Wouldn’t want to help save the planet, might offend those beef farmers!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/quora/2.../#473f20276aa9
    Hmmm FDA disapproves of one of the key ingredients. Thankfully nobody has a gun to your head making you be the Guinea Pig and eat this experiment. Good luck Raz
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Recently a dairy farmer told me his cows were individually monitored monthly with KPI's around their individual milk production (vol, fats etc) .As soon as any cow's KPI's dropped below a certain level, due to old age, hoof disease or any illness or infection, off they were sent to the works to basically mushed up with all the others, turned into hamburger meat ( pumped full of additives) which was then shipped off to the US to be sold as grass fed prime beef hamburger patties.
    Dead right - all the milk sucked out of them and end of their economic dairy life, off to the works, into a box and sold to a burger maker - usually mixed with US domestic trimmings - high in fat to balance the lean NZ product. Need fat for succulence in burgers! But hardly 'premium'.

NZ First are just poking their head to make some noise. Mark Patterson is a farmer so always going to come out against it - just reminding everyone that he is in parliament, for his annual media headlining. Winnie says that he wouldn't eat one. But everyone knows he lives on just whiskey right?

Back to flying around metal tubes jammed full of people.....

Very surprised at the concern over air NZ offering a vegetarian alternative when there is a clear link between regular burgers and bowel cancer. Are you all similarly concerned that air NZ are selling products with a well established link to a deadly disease? Note that Australia and New Zealand are world leaders in terms of bowel cancer incidence.