sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Yes I have been asked if I mind assisting whenever I have sat in the emergency exit row and I would leave my carry on bag in the overhead locker.
    Here's the safety video..
    . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbPd2gOOYPs.its such a "tough ask" to even fake being interested isn't it. I believe Bob Jones was banned for a period of time, from vague memory 2 years.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Should know the decision by the end of this month....
    787's from what I have heard..but only rumours.. Haven't heard anything regarding engine choice.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    787's from what I have heard..but only rumours.. Haven't heard anything regarding engine choice.
    Beagle could start a poll, I like the 777X with GE engines, but I know nothing. Whatever the decision, I reckon RR engines are screwed in favour of GE, that's the rub isn't it, whatever airframe is chosen RR is going to hurt while it's engine fiasco's are still ongoing.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

[QUOTE=Baa_Baa;758777]Beagle could start a poll, I like the 777X with GE engines, but I know nothing. Whatever the decision, I reckon RR engines are screwed in favour of GE, that's the rub isn't it, whatever airframe is chosen RR is going to hurt while it's engine fiasco's are still ongoing.[/QUOTE

The bulk of any compensation available to AIR from Rolls will come from the discount purchase price on new engine orders.
    Therefore GE would have had to sharpen their pencils if the want to match or better any Rolls offer.

Acknowledge what you've said above BUT I think AIR's management must surely take the proactive step to select the more reliable engines so as to reduce the risk to the company going forward. "The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the thrill of a bargain"
    Last edited by Beagle; 12-05-2019 at 07:42 PM.

Fascinating choice. I've always thought it would be about 8, 777-9 and 8 to 10, 787-9. The 777 for capacity and 787 (2 versions - USA/Rest of world). Fairly straight swap and better for crewing. The 787 is really versatile and fits well with ANZs plans and routes.
    However, the Airbus has the range to get to New York, New Delhi and Dubai (the 777 doesn't), is cheaper and has slightly greater capacity. Airbus A320 crew could slot into crew positions OK and it's a popular plane with plenty of companies able to provide support.
    Last edited by Robomo; 13-05-2019 at 07:45 AM. Reason: grammar

Hmm - so Airbus A 350 has more capacity, can fly longer distances and is cheaper.

Of course will AIR will pick Boeing in this case ... only the worst can be good enough for the national carrier ; Wait- aren't there some Ilyushin's we should consider as well?

But its probably just about giving in to the big bully in the white house ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Hmm - so Airbus A 350 has more capacity, can fly longer distances and is cheaper.

Of course will AIR will pick Boeing in this case ... only the worst can be good enough for the national carrier ; Wait- aren't there some Ilyushin's we should consider as well?

But its probably just about giving in to the big bully in the white house ...
    Why so bitter and twisted?

When have AirNZ selected the wrong aircraft in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Why so bitter and twisted?

When have AirNZ selected the wrong aircraft in the past?

I think its all just Monday morning tongue in cheek stuff, taking the proverbial.