sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    .. and I am now being pursued by adverts for AirNZ, MalAir & others.
    Are they "Hounding" you
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Got an AirNZ ad offering Kuala Lumpur - Auckland return from RM2,888, which is a very good price.
    It would be via Singapore and, as with any [airline] click bait, there are no clues as to which date combo would actually get that price.

Purely in the name of research, as I have no requirement to visit home yet, I tried a few combos and the cheapest price was more than twice the above figure and only once in the eight did they beat Malaysia Airlines, who have the benefit of flying direct.

As an added bonus you get redirected to the Singapore website and quoted actual fares in SG dollars and I am now being pursued by adverts for AirNZ, MalAir & others.
    I had a similar "experience" with that ad, Air NZ's operation is very poor in Malaysia. I got the ad in a Malaysian state with regular Scoot (owned by Singapore Airlines) services to Singapore but no option to fly from any city in the state to NZ despite huge demand in this state for the route (lots of Malaysians study, live, visit and do business in NZ and vice versa NZers in Malaysia) and the fact that flying via Singapore is faster than flying via KL.

With Air Asia no longer flying to NZ, Malaysia Airlines losing money and the Malaysian government talking about selling it off or closing it down the opportunity clearly exists for Air NZ to fly direct to KL. Must be one of the few profitable routes left for Malaysia Airlines. Wonder if Air NZ's agreement with Singapore Airlines prevents this? Singapore Inc dislikes losing anyway to Malaysia after all!
    Last edited by Jaa; 01-04-2019 at 09:13 PM.

A friend sent me the link to this article with the comment — Falling profits, falling ratings, will Luxon soon be a falling star? After six years as CEO it may well be time for him to move on.

I said a few times he’s not the AIRleader he once was ...too many distractions and appears to be less enthusiastic about AIR than before. When does his big retention bonus period run out?

Profits this year heading to multi year lows ...some effort

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...hoice-awardsyy
    Last edited by winner69; 02-04-2019 at 07:47 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    A friend sent me the link to this article with the comment — Falling profits, falling ratings, will Luxon soon be a falling star? After six years as CEO it may well be time for him to move on.

I said a few times he’s not the AIRleader he once was ...too many distractions and appears to be less enthusiastic about AIR than before. When does his big retention bonus period run out?

Profits this year heading to multi year lows ...some effort

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/...hoice-awardsyy
    SP is doing fine though isn't it, canny buyers are on a heap of profit already and it isn't really relevant whether the CEO has Jacinda eyes, or her smile, it's just about enjoying the extraordinary dividends and then getting out when the charade is exposed. Which seems a while away at this stage.

So all good, enjoy the ride while it lasts.

Default Air New Zealand Voted Pacific's Best Airline

I listened in to the half year call in late February 2019. One of the analysts asked Chris Luxon if he was happy and staying on and he replied in an upbeat way that he feels very fortunate to have the best job in the country. I think he's very happy. Operationally its been a very tough year but I think he enjoys the challenge and I'm pleased he's there.

I bought more at $2.47 cum divvy a little while ago, (effective price $2.36 ex divvy). Although I didn't pick the bottom it only went under $2.30 for one day so I'm not beating myself up in any way and am actually proud of myself to have the courage to back my own analysis and buy more against what at times is some fairly emphatic negativity on here.

Air New Zealand named Pacific's best airline - must be doing quite a few things right https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-04-2019 at 09:36 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Oh dear.. Looks like the Rolls Royce engine issues aren't getting any better...the newer Trent TEN engines with same problems.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-engine-issues

Also Jetstar has a 787-8 stuck in Japan with GE engine issues..
    Both engines suffered surge issues while landing in Osaka... Will post the link to that article if I find it again...

Dilettante

This looks terrible Benny1. Boeing´s engineer´s sure are busy, with the Dreamliners and 737 MAX !!

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    This looks terrible Benny1. Boeing´s engineer´s sure are busy, with the Dreamliners and 737 MAX !!
    They certainly don't seem to build them like they used too!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/travel/news/11...roach-to-osaka

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Methinks it’s more than just Boeing’s engineers that are busy at the moment

Seems Boeing’s pursuit of excessive profits over the last decade have lead to many dodgy practices even if you only believe a few if the revelations that are coming out since the MAX crashes.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

the reduced AIR fares to Christchurch are over. They appear to be recovering the lost margin by charging like a wounded bull. Just had to stump up $730 Akl - Chc return for a flight 2.5 weeks away....