sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Ok, at what point will airlines start holding Rolls Royce responsible for their clear failure in quality control? Airlines and their shareholders cannot continue to be left holding the bag because RR won't take responsibility for their incompetence.

One person on here a while back alluded to the fact that some of these new version engines might be experiencing compressor blade wear.
    I think they will be Bora scope checking these engines regularly forever and a day and RR will be on the hook for more costs. Good that AIR say they're unaffected.
    Singapore airlines will be making a lot of cycles of shorter trips with the shorter range 787-10's.
    Perhaps another challenge to be overcome.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/ind...y+4+April+2019
    ATR600's are real fuel misers and given they have 8 more of them on order I'd be very surprised if they were looking to replace them with relatively thirsty jets anytime in the foreseeable future. Merging operations however looks almost a given as they roll out there 2 year program of looking for more operational cost savings on top of the $50m per annum and the recently announced new initiatives of a further $60m per annum. If they work hard they might get to a total of $200m per annum in cost savings in total, that would be pretty cool ands represent about 18 cps in annual cost savings.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2019 at 10:14 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ATR600's are real fuel misers and given they have 8 more of them on order I'd be very surprised if they were looking to replace them with relatively thirsty jets anytime in the foreseeable future. Merging operations however looks almost a given as they roll out there 2 year program of looking for more operational cost savings on top of the $50m per annum and the recently announced new initiatives of a further $60m per annum. If they work hard they might get to a total of $200m per annum in cost savings in total, that would be pretty cool ands represent about 18 cps in annual cost savings.
    It never ceases to amaze me Beagle that despite a large number of ATR flights between Auckland and Nelson, they always seem to be full or near full when I fly them. Wouldn't be surprised if they squeezed the odd jet flight in there to increase capacity
    Last edited by iceman; 04-04-2019 at 11:18 AM.

Guru

Yes - I think it is a case of some people getting 1+1=3

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It never seizes to amaze me Beagle that despite a large number of ATR flights between Auckland and Nelson, they always seem to be full or near full when I fly them. Wouldn't be surprised if they squeezed the odd jet flight in there to increase capacity
    Appreciate the feedback iceman. Its certainly a great part of the country and I see real estate in the Nelson area is still going gangbusters.
    Last edited by Beagle; 04-04-2019 at 10:43 AM.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12219364
    I hope they dump RR and go with GE engines.

Probably should dump Boeing as well as go with Airbus
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably should dump Boeing as well as go with Airbus
    Those A350's have a very scary asking price. Might just pay to keep the old 777-200's going for another 5 years or so. Heck when they deferred $750m of capex the SP has gone up 25 cents since then so by simple extrapolation if they deferred 8 x say $250m aircraft ($2B) the share price would go up by another 67 cents per share lol

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Most compensation paid out by Rolls Royce will come in the form of discounts on future orders.
    That's just the way it works in the aviation industry.
    So unless GE offers an extremely good deal themselves the chances of going with them would be extremely slim.
    More 787's With R&R engines would be my guess... Hope I'm wrong.. Not a particular fan of 787's but there again I'm not much of a plane nerd ...been around too many in my working life!