sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

I rather knaw a paw off than fly Jetstar again. Happy to fly to London via Dubai...I can think of some nice kennels to stay in for a stopover for a few days. https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...ai&FORM=IRIBEP Just gotta get Mrs Beagle keen...
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-10-2017 at 07:51 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

This may help you in some tiny way Roger
    My Life as a Dog - FULL MOVIE - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    (For the life of me I could never understand having 4 A380's in Auckland at the same time).
    My understanding of this rather peculiar situation was that costs to overnight their aircraft in Australia were so prohibitive, it was cheaper all round for them to add the extra service to NZ, ex Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne to park up during the day then leave again at 5.45pm to those aforementioned airports, pick up the crowds there, then north to Alask.....Dubai. Rumour had it that even if they flew completely empty, it was worth it NOT to o'nite in AUST. I flew to Dubai biz on one of these circuits, and coming back from Sydney to AKL, the ratio of stewardesses to passengers was about 3 to 1. Terrific service, even if a little overwhelming

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Xerof View Post
    My understanding of this rather peculiar situation was that costs to overnight their aircraft in Australia were so prohibitive, it was cheaper all round for them to add the extra service to NZ, ex Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne to park up during the day then leave again at 5.45pm to those aforementioned airports, pick up the crowds there, then north to Alask.....Dubai. Rumour had it that even if they flew completely empty, it was worth it NOT to o'nite in AUST. I flew to Dubai biz on one of these circuits, and coming back from Sydney to AKL, the ratio of stewardesses to passengers was about 3 to 1. Terrific service, even if a little overwhelming

Correct but they arrived in Australian ports in the mornings which fitted in nicely to do Tasman return flights during the day and then fly back to Dubai in the Australian evenings. No parking at Auckland required. It will be interesting what they will do after the change over.

Thanks for clarifying Triple Seven, whats that old adage - planes on the ground cost money, better in the AIR with bums on seats
    Last edited by Xerof; 13-10-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvesterCat View Post
    The hound can still go on an Emirate A380 first class out of Christchurch of course...having to slum it on Jetstar to fly AKL - CHC is only a slight turn-off... :-)
    oi oi is someone having a dig :-)

Yes they highlighted this point to me in an email...they know where their key NZ clients are based :-) Seriously not worried currently... actually in London enjoying unseasonally warm weather and admiring tonight the christmas lights on oxford street..tomorrow attend a good EPL game...have to live in the moment.

worry is like interest paid before it due :-)

Dilettante

This is great news and something I've been saying since AIR started flying to Argentina. They have a huge opportunity with Asian tourists visiting South America https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/argent...gh-nz-b-208785

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/267772.pdf
    Solid result for the month considering the fuel supply challenge. Credit to the team for scrambling with their fuel logistics to minimize disruption to passengers.
    Revenue per available seat kilometer group wide year to date excl impact of foreign exchange is up 2.1%.
    Looking at those numbers for Sept you'd almost be tempted to ask what fuel supply problem ?
    "Without in any way wanting to minimize their prospects of cost recovery against any potential liable party"
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-10-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/267772.pdf
    Solid result for the month considering the fuel supply challenge. Credit to the team for scrambling with their fuel logistics to minimize disruption to passengers.
    Revenue per available seat kilometer group wide year to date excl impact of foreign exchange is up 2.1%.
    Looking at those numbers for Sept you'd almost be tempted to ask what fuel supply problem ?
    "Without in any way wanting to minimize their prospects of cost recovery against any potential liable party"
    Short haul going well while long haul revenues are in decline v last year

Overall revenue growth shrinking month by month - like August growth was lower than July and September lower than August. YTD revenue growth now about 4%/5%

How’s fuel costs going I wonder - still about us$70?
    Last edited by winner69; 17-10-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

I rather knaw a paw off than fly Jetstar again. ...
    +1
    Am totally going to miss hopping the ditch on the A380 while propping up the bar