sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Credit is credit....be greatfull to get it...

Otherwise...go and claim your insurance...if the insurance going to cover.

Consider u all lucky to get a refund or credit in your names only. Some airlines collapsed because of these unprecedented event....

Otherwise ...next time use your Waka to travel.lol
    Last edited by King1212; 31-05-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by King1212 View Post
    Credit is credit....be greatfull to get it...

Otherwise...go and claim your insurance...if the insurance going to cover.

Consider u all lucky to get a refund or credit in your names only. Some airlines collapsed because of these unprecedented event....

Otherwise ...next time use your Waka to travel.lol
    I think more worryingly for AIR and it's shareholders, people "next time" and in the future are more likely to use their competitors, many of whom have handled this situation much better.

Banned

Be the hero of our Aotearoa......our country need people like u all. Imo...I am happy to donate half of my ticket to AIR...to keep kiwi jobs.....

Not all the profit here....love our whanau and Tanga....

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    In normal times they screw you if you want to cancel or change plans.

And now they screw you really properly when they cancel flights

Glad I got my cash
    Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not sure if you´ve read what people are complaining about. The main complaints are not about getting credits per se, but getting "credits in name only" as Raz put it, i.e. credits that are difficult or impossible to use.
    That's it in a nutshell. Suppose a couple who have saved hard for years for their trip of a lifetime wherein they were flying business class to London on AIR and then on to Switzerland but have now lost perhaps $10,000 in non refundable hotel bookings...what do they do with their $20,000 credit from AIR ? Where can they fly and what hotel's can they now afford given they're already had the value of their accommodation bookings expunged ? Worse is AIR make them try and use this credit within a tight timeframe so even if they could fly AIR to London again, (which clearly they can't as AIR won't be flying there again), they can't afford new hotel bookings and don't feel safe anyway as Europe is riddled with Covid 19. What a sham. Its a "claytons credit"...one in name only that you can't realistically use.

The VERY least AIR could easily do is to completely remove the time limit on these credits and allow people to use them as they wish. Transfer into airpoints with no date of expiry would be far more reasonable.

I agree Iceman, the backlash is coming.
    Last edited by Beagle; 01-06-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Not sure if you´ve read what people are complaining about. The main complaints are not about getting credits per se, but getting "credits in name only" as Raz put it, i.e. credits that are difficult or impossible to use.
    Credits which if partially used the rest is lost.
    If the credits are from international flights are hard to use in full domestically.

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    If the credits are from international flights are hard to use in full domestically.
    I really think someone needs to lodge a complaint based on a breech of the fair trading Act.
    When is a credit not really a credit ? How do you use a $20,000 credit for a couple's return business class flight to London on their existing network without losing the vast majority of it as you can only use a tiny fraction of it ? How is this even remotely reasonable to customers ? Surely this is an egregious breech of the Fair Trading Act ?

I find AIR's trading practices in regard to credits grossly egregious to be quite frank about it. They disgust me to the point I will go out of my way to fly on one of their competitors wherever possible for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't mind betting a few quid I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    Last edited by Beagle; 02-06-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Given they've suspended nearly all of their international schedule and likely to be pretty much like that for 12 months or more, this so called credit you describe is truly shocking. Beagle is right, someone should take this further. I'm glad (and count myself lucky) my wife and I had all our bookings fully refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I really think someone needs to lodge a complaint based on a breech of the fair trading Act.
    When is a credit not really a credit ? How do you use a $20,000 credit for a couple's return business class flight to London on their existing network without losing the vast majority of it as you can only use a tiny fraction of it ? How is this even remotely reasonable to customers ? Surely this is an egregious breech of the Fair Trading Act ?

I find AIR's trading practices in regard to credits grossly egregious to be quite frank about it. They disgust me to the point I will go out of my way to fly on one of their competitors wherever possible for the foreseeable future. I wouldn't mind betting a few quid I'm not the only one that feels this way.
    Almost a version of give credit where credits due
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

What are their competitors doing? Are Emirates or Qantas handling their credits the same way?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    What are their competitors doing? Are Emirates or Qantas handling their credits the same way?
    I had a few thousand $ of pre-booked domestic flights on Jetstar, have had half refunded and been nagging for eight weeks to get the rest refunded, though it increasingly looks unlikely as I get no response to any Comms.