sharetrader
Page 754 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 25465470474475075175275375475575675775876480485412541754 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,540 of 20180

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Hope you're right Roger, I just felt like venting a little.

Couta1, I'm with Roger and everyone else. 50% in any one stock is bonkers, in my humble opinion.
    Still accumulating, might just end up around this percentage before the divvy, some might call it nuts, I just call it bold. PS-At $2.35 Average now. PPS-Big holding equals big divvy.
    Last edited by couta1; 20-07-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Still accumulating, might just end up around this percentage before the divvy, some might call it nuts, I just call it bold. PS-At $2.41 Average now. PPS-Big holding equals big divvy.
    Oddly enough Couta I agree with just about all your posts these days.
    I think that at one stage Modandm was close to 100% in AIR and there is nothing "nuts" about him. His research on Air was the best by far and I really miss his input

Quote Originally Posted by freddagg View Post
    No, like in the first line of the Investor update it says Passengers carried June 2016 is 1215000 and 2015 1341000 and saying that"s a 4.8% increase. I make it a 4.8% decrease.
    You need to read the asterisk at bottom of the chart. It's a calculation variance adjusted to a % re different number of days in each June.

Banned

I think that at one stage Modandm was close to 100% in AIR and there is nothing "nuts" about him. His research on Air was the best by far and I really miss his input
    Thanks. Yes it would be good to hear from Modandm again (I'll bet he hasn't sold a share since he last posted)

Quote Originally Posted by workingdad View Post
    You need to read the asterisk at bottom of the chart. It's a calculation variance adjusted to a % re different number of days in each June.
    Oh, thanks. I did read it but not carefully enough. I assumed they would have adjusted all the numbers, not just the %.

percy

Yes I too think Couta1's posts are now well worth reading.
    Where is Modandm? He must have read about The Gnomes of Zurich and followed their approach.!
    A good book to read about asset allocation is The Dhandho Investor,isbn 9780470043899.I know ChCh libraries have it as they brought it in for me.
    Last edited by percy; 20-07-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Default Both Eyes Open

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Only accountants can get 37 days in a 30 day month eh

They clever old buggers
    Must be a new breed of accountant...first time I've ever noticed this 37 days this June compared to 32 days in the pcp, or was it the other way around ? I guess they are referring too cut off periods in their stat's but any way you slice and dice this thing its a highly unusual way to frame this thing up.

I must be the only one that's somewhat disappointed with June stat's. Load factors to Asia are clearly being affected by the recent arrival of Air Asia. Less than 73% load factor is barely breaking even. Another sale today marketed to airpoints members with fares I haven't seen to Asia for quite some time e.g. AKL to Hong Kong $499. I am not surprised with those low load factors they have to try something radical to boost demand. Will it work ? remains to be seen. One can only wonder how much cheaper AIR Asia's flight crew are compared to AIR's. I wouldn't fly an airline that trains its pilots on play station's (so too speak) and then makes people sit in a sardine can sized environment but others seem to be. Yes the full year's YTD stat's as summed up by WD in post #7531 looked pretty good but the month of June on its own gives an insight into the new environment in which AIR now operate. Disc: Took a very small profit on the extra shares I recently acquired at $2.165...bird in the hand and all that jazz. Back down to 8% portfolio allocation now.
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-07-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes I too think Couta1's posts are now well worth reading.
    Where is Modandm.He must have read about The Gnomes of Zurich and followed their approach.!
    A good book to read about asset allocation is The Dhandho Investor,isbn 9780470043899.I know ChCh libraries have it as they brought it in for me.
    In one of Mods last posts on the AIR thread he said something about feeling it was no longer appropriate for him to comment on Air. Maybe he is now employed by Air. (Just a wild guess.)

Thanks for the info on The Dhandho Investor book. I see its available as an E book so I will get it.

Banned

I probably bought yours Roger, I don't think one should read too much into a month of operating stats(No other company reports monthly so we don't see the stat swings but they would be there to see if they did) Next couple of months should be good though, now the snow has arrived and the ski season is finally in top gear.

Slow boring day so this might amuse some of you. Some of the comments are pretty amusing.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/travel...tarter:taboola