sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Greg must be very concerned about the virus getting back into the community as things slowly start to look a bit better for Air NZ.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/indus...oP_e1Gd_L1dPgA
    Two more positive "sign of hope" news releases to come, and then the rights issue.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Great news for the staff and other stakeholders including shareholders.

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger_Danger View Post
    Two more positive "sign of hope" news releases to come, and then the rights issue.
    You may be right but I would like to see the monthly op stats first. Maybe after the July school holidays bump? The government loan does give Air NZ the flexibility to run their cash levels much lower than they normally would.

Australian-based aviation research centre Capa - Centre for Aviation has forecast domestic air travel capacity in New Zealand will recover to just under 80 per cent of pre-Covid-19 levels by the end of the year.
    Lots of encouraging signs about demand from Cam on twitter and the above from CAPA who know far more about the industry than the equity analysts. 80% domestic capacity would be huge, could even be close to break-even on a normalised basis after all the cost savings. Regardless, with 65%+ domestic capacity their losses will seem much more manageable. Huge advantage over other airlines.

Premium looks like its taking longer to recover but cargo is the new premium.

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Greg must be very concerned about the virus getting back into the community as things slowly start to look a bit better for Air NZ.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/indus...oP_e1Gd_L1dPgA
    Greg definitely voting Labour this year.

Guru

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...-a-pr-disaster
    "I think Air New Zealand's done themselves significant brand damage and people will be a bit gun shy about booking travel".
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...385/325383.pdf

Despite the talk of things improving the cold hard facts for May 2020, (remember we were out of lockdown in May), are that revenue passenger kilometres flown are down an incredibly sobering 97.1% !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

I will be booking the new AIR BUS with Singapore Air the whole way next time not the NZ AIR to singapore connecting if possible. Another article in stuff showed the pretty shocking state of lack PPE on AIR NZ international flights compared to full PPE on some other air lines. Who ever is in charge at AIR on this needs to fired. Of course no one gets fired in NZ over any of this and if you suggest there is complete incompetence going all the way to the top you get email. Joyce will by now be in a bunker as the army of supporters descend on his mansion singing songs of the long road and waving big red flags.

and i will check my notifications box .... lucky our created technology is now euro based else i could get run out of dodge.

will still fly AIR to wellington in August to visit the NZSO.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/travel/trave...itude-to-virus

DISC: Travel for mainly business as our technology created here is now euro based and wont be travelling back until 2022. Skype and ZOOM plus HTTP can move our designs between continents.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-06-2020 at 08:38 PM.

Banned

Aunty Cindy asked u all not to travel for overseas holidays otherwise u all need to pay for the quarantine...

Also donate all your ticket ehh.. our nation needs u all!

https://www.jetstar.com/nz/en/fly-well

JetStar making free masks and sanitizing wipes available upon request. From a safety point of view it would appear they are the ones offering premium service in N.Z. now. If I fly domestically this year I will back the company that takes customer's health concerns seriously but frankly I have little interest in flying anywhere...travel by private car has never looked so good and with AIR's RPK's down 97% in May it would appear the vast majority agree with my point of view !
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-06-2020 at 07:10 PM.

There are so many cars and trucks on the road these days I rather stay home or fly if I wants to go outstations. Traffics everywhere when compared with the pass few months. Have to support all those poor AIR shareholders.

Hold AIR