sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Bit of a drop today.

I am surprised that the market was caught by surprise - it is an airline after all.

Take the mid-point and normalise out the RR fiasco and it is not too bad...
    ...but then don't these things come in threes?

But seriously: Get rid of that safety vid and I am sure the punters will come flocking back.
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Maybe somewhere near the 2.60 it was in November ?
    well, in 1996 it was $20 .. look at it now. Some things get better with time , and , well some things just don,t. ( maybe there was a share split, i dont know ) but the chart gives me the shivers... .imagine if that was your kiwisaver !
    Don't know about a share split, but there were Air NZ "A" and "B" shares in the 1990's, which were combined in December 2001. I don't know what the difference was between them.

I wonder if a drop in forward bookings is in part related to regular and loyal flyers going else where? Lounges often full and not as good as other airlines, on-going hard line on customer complaints and of course the RR issues with inferior leased planes. I only say this as I am one that has gone off flying AIR in the last wee while for the above reasons, maybe I am not alone.

Perhaps the nation is tightening its belt a bit in anticipation of leaner times ahead.

I cant see the SP holding, historically it has been a continuing decline even against forecasts so I cant see why this one would be different, I sold out around 3.25 a while back and never came back in. Will reconsider if it drops like last time but wont be trying to catch the knife on some of those bounces it can have.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Don't know about a share split, but there were Air NZ "A" and "B" shares in the 1990's, which were combined in December 2001. I don't know what the difference was between them.
    "A"shares could only be owned by New Zealanders. "B" shares could be owned by anyone where ever domiciled.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    "A"shares could only be owned by New Zealanders. "B" shares could be owned by anyone where ever domiciled.
    Ah right, thanks.

I have just looked up my spreadsheet, and I have a note that in 2004 there was a share consolidation, where every 5 shares were consolidated into 1 share. So actually the REVERSE of a share split! Hmm ...

Maybe more people have decided to fly less by taking a responsible and caring attitude to the environment and the future of the world.

http://markmaking.com.au/mmwp3/wp-co...y_online_s.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Maybe more people have decided to fly less by taking a responsible and caring attitude to the environment and the future of the world.

Certainly not our Jacinda or her contemporaries at Davos.

Maybe more people have decided to fly less by taking a responsible and caring attitude to the environment and the future of the world.http://markmaking.com.au/mmwp3/wp-co...y_online_s.pdf
    Thanks for the link. If the general (rather appalling) public reaction to the article below is anything to go by, then almost certainly that isn't a major factor yet. (Lots of comments to the article saying the plane will fly anyway. True if only one person does it, but in aggregate if many start making the same choices then definitely there will be less planes flying). https://www.stuff.co.nz/environment/...climate-change
    Last edited by cyclist; 31-01-2019 at 09:07 AM.

Guru

Don't worry, they are already saving the world 1 single-use shopping bag at a time...…

But woe betide anyone that gets between them and their cheap overseas holiday!!

Dilettante

Only 1500 private jets flew into Davos this year !!!!!!