sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

AIR could save millions by recycling some of the great safety video's like the body paint one and safety in paradise. Wakes wakey Chris, Sexy Sells !
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Revenues are going to be up on last year in F19 ..that’s good

But profit before tax could be $200m less than last year

Previous guidance assumed fuel at US$85m. Did have a period where higher than this but below that now (currently mid 70s) so maybe fuel not that much adverse impact, if any, on the F19 result

AIR obviously have a big expense problem ....possibly $170m more to run the airline (excluding fuel and allowing for the RR issue) this year compared to last year.

No wonder Chris is in charge of cutting costs ....appears as if AIR has become awfully bloated over tithe last few years.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Revenues are going to be up on last year in F19 ..that’s good

But profit before tax could be $200m less than last year

Previous guidance assumed fuel at US$85m. Did have a period where higher than this but below that now (currently mid 70s) so maybe fuel not that much adverse impact, if any, on the F19 result

AIR obviously have a big expense problem ....possibly $170m more to run the airline (excluding fuel and allowing for the RR issue) this year compared to last year.

No wonder Chris is in charge of cutting costs ....appears as if AIR has become awfully bloated over tithe last few years.
    Exactly yet they would have know this most likely even before the last general staff bonuses. The have not acted timely imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Exactly yet they would have know this most likely even before the last general staff bonuses. The have not acted timely imho.
    I agree with you there.

Probably hoping things would be OK and any impending ‘problem’ would go away

To me Luxon appears a bit bored with AIR ....and has too many distractions. I think his big retention bonus only held him to this year ...hmm (might be wrong here)

Banned

This company is overrun with Troughers, time to cut the food rashions down so the Trough gets a bit more down time.PS-Lets switch Luxon with Herd Licker.PPS-Does Luxon play tennis.
    Last edited by couta1; 31-01-2019 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    This company is overrun with Troughers, time to cut the food rashions down so the Trough gets a bit more down time.PS-Lets switch Luxon with Herd Licker.PPS-Does Luxon play tennis.
    Those in Fanshawe St probably safe from losing their jobs....especially the exec suite

HQ seems to be called “The Hub) ,.even featured in Wikipedia

"The Hub", Air New Zealand head office 36.84492°S 174.75332°E

Air Nelson Saab 340A (no longer operated) at Auckland Airport

A Mount Cook Airlines ATR-72-500.

The Air New Zealand head office, "The Hub," is a 15,600 square metres (168,000 sq ft) office park located at the corner of Beaumont and Fanshawe streets in the Western Reclamation Precinct 2, Auckland City;[26][27] it includes two connected six-level buildings.[27] The facility consists of a lot of glass to allow sunlight and therefore reduce electricity consumption. The building does not have cubicle walls. Lights automatically turn on at 7:30 A.M. and turn off at 6 P.M. Sensors throughout the building can turn on lights if they detect human activity, and turn off lights if human activity is not detected for 15 minutes.[

Bloated and obsessed with the appearance of being green when anyone in the know knows they burn over one billion litres of aviation fuel per annum so all Chris's pet green projects are just lipstick on a very dirty pig. Enough money wasted on the complete farce of caring about the environment already ! Lets just get back to basics...people want to get from A to B and that involves burning a lot of fuel...just embrace it for what it is.
    (Beagles love the smell of burnt aviation fuel and they like barking too so I did, see below)
    Hi Chris,
    Shareholders I know are VERY disappointed with the profit forecast downgrade.
    Rolls Royce engine issues obviously having quite an impact but why are AIR not recovering all their losses from these highly problematic engines from the manufacturer ? Dreamliner become a nightmareliner ?..Time to take RR to task properly for all the losses or leave that until they can be fully quantified at the end of the fix ?
    Too many people in AIR with an entitlement attitude earning over $250K in my opinion. Time for a 3 year wage freeze like Qantas did for anyone earning over this amount ?
    Why waste millions ever year producing new safety video's when the public would probably enjoy you guys bring back some of the classics like the safety in paradise one or the body paint one ?
    Engineers too greedy last year with their demands, outsource more engineering overseas to beat greedy unions ?
    Just putting my 2 cents worth of idea's out there as it appears you could use the help to keep costs under control.
    Best wishes and kind regards
    No doubt some engineers won't be happy with this but that's a copy of the email I just sent to Chris and that's how I feel about it and if that's wrong in others eyes that's too bad.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-01-2019 at 11:32 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

have to agree with most if not all,. Mr Beagle
    Could have added about all the electric cars - cost more in first instance, battery life??, though probably leased, suppose they did the cost analysis, extra cost of lease v difference in fuel to electricity??? One would hope so!

I'll help out shareholders, flew with then over new year and again will be in Sept/Oct, long haul this time.
    Disc: not a holder at present

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Bloated and obsessed with the appearance of being green when anyone in the know knows they burn over one billion litres of aviation fuel per annum so all Chris's pet green projects are just lipstick on a very dirty pig. Enough money wasted on the complete farce of caring about the environment already ! Lets just get back to basics...people want to get from A to B and that involves burning a lot of fuel...just embrace it for what it is.
    (Beagles love the smell of burnt aviation fuel and they like barking too so I did, see below)

No doubt some engineers won't be happy with this but that's a copy of the email I just sent to Chris and that's how I feel about it and if that's wrong in others eyes that's too bad.
    I hope Christopher does not use you as his accountant. I am sure he would be peeved at paying you by the hour and then find you spend most of each hour on sharetrader.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I hope Christopher does not use you as his accountant. I am sure he would be peeved at paying you by the hour and then find you spend most of each hour on sharetrader.
    Hahah lol best Lol all day!

Sorry Beagle, but you gotta admit its pretty funny