sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Air New Zealand has been awarded four months of additional cargo flights under the Government’s International Air Freight Capacity (IAFC) scheme.

Guru

wait till you have to pay a fly tax , it wont be long before if you fly locally you will pay a tax on flying....

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    wait till you have to pay a fly tax , it wont be long before if you fly locally you will pay a tax on flying....
    You mean a departure tax, which we have now for international flights anyway.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by mondograss View Post
    You mean a departure tax, which we have now for international flights anyway.
    I think he is meaning "climate emergency tax". I'm sure we haven't had a departure tax in NZ for a very long time.

Herbacious

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think he is meaning "climate emergency tax". I'm sure we haven't had a departure tax in NZ for a very long time.
    They just call it a border control levy now, but it’s basically the same thing. https://www.customs.govt.nz/personal...nz/leaving-nz/

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

Not sure what you call "a very long time". I don't think it is more than a decade ago that we all when departing had to first move to the conveniently placed bank counter in the airport and submit our $25 departure tax to the NZ government so that they allow us to leave the country.

And actually - while we don't need to pay this tax these days in cash ... I presume it still exists and is now only part of the ticket price. Just check when they allow you next time to depart :
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    [/B]
    Not sure what you call "a very long time". I don't think it is more than a decade ago that we all when departing had to first move to the conveniently placed bank counter in the airport and submit our $25 departure tax to the NZ government so that they allow us to leave the country.

And actually - while we don't need to pay this tax these days in cash ... I presume it still exists and is now only part of the ticket price. Just check when they allow you next time to depart :
    I know that BP. It was 10 years ago that the $25 departure tax was abolished (or included in the ticket) and we now pay a small administration fee or border control levy of $ 2.94 as mondograss pointed out. (I've looked at my ET for my flight out of NZ last week and can not see it separated out!!) But the initial suggestion from waltsing man above was about introduction of taxes when we fly "locally". I did not read that to mean international travel.
    Last edited by iceman; 28-11-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Herbacious

I guess you could levy one domestically but why bother, the collection costs would be too high. If it’s a climate related thing, easier to just levy avgas surely.

Guru

For information this is what is quoted on a Hong Kong return flight and included in the tickets.

F1 International Border Clearance Levy $20.11
    G3 Airport Construction Fee $29.60
    HK Air Passenger Departure Tax $22.20
    I5 Airport Passenger Security Charge $9.30
    IA Passenger Security Charge $16.32
    KK Passenger Service Charge $34.98
    Total $132.51

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    For information this is what is quoted on a Hong Kong return flight and included in the tickets.

F1 International Border Clearance Levy $20.11
    G3 Airport Construction Fee $29.60
    HK Air Passenger Departure Tax $22.20
    I5 Airport Passenger Security Charge $9.30
    IA Passenger Security Charge $16.32
    KK Passenger Service Charge $34.98
    Total $132.51
    Out of Hong Kong ?