sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Wow after all the downramping you've done on AIR over the last six months or so, you're buying at over $3. That is a huge amount of humble pie to eat.
    Don't mind humble pie if it leads to profit, you can't change the past. PS-Id describe my posts as cautious rather than down ramping as I genuinely felt the stock was too expensive.
    Last edited by couta1; 18-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/263775.pdf

Good solid numbers for July with good demand and load factors and RASK, (Revenue per available seat kilometer) up circa 3%.
    Moderate and disciplined expansion of various flight services all looks good.
    They were stunning Beagle

If this rate of revebue increases throughout F18 that'll be $200m plus more than last year
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

lol, next BP will be investing in crypto.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    They were stunning Beagle

If this rate of revebue increases throughout F18 that'll be $200m plus more than last year
    I'm glad you're pleased and hope you're on board too mate. I expect more good solid RASK gains for the foreseeable future as we lap the first half period last year when ten new entrants depressed yields with unsustainable opening specials that ran for months on end. Interestingly average analyst forecast for FY18 is indeed higher than FY17 by 7%. Looking forward to Wednesday. Market obviously pleased with July stat's as shares are up against a 4.3% average decline in the four U.S. Carriers I follow overnight. Augers very well for AIR SP next week if the U.S. market stabilizes.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-08-2017 at 02:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Got to love the Sharetrader Forum .
    There used to be a guy on here Roger , had a falling out with the lovely Lady Norah from Summerset .Subsequently was reincarnated as a canine and has since become the biggest supporter . Rumour has it - possibly to be used as the poster boy for the next development .
    Then there was Couta out of AIR @ $ 2.30 and anything above was overvalued .....Anything over $ 3.00 we were all maniacs !!!! too many posts to go over . But I'm thinking this is a bit like a Merc Couta you think its not worth more than 100 K , but decided as the dealer gave you a Full tank of Gas free you would put a new one in the garage at 150 K .
    Thats all part of trading/investing as the facts change you have to change your strategy . I fully respect that , just hope not too many posters missed out on the Circa $ 1.00 Capital gain and a divvy or 2 along the way .
    Gee if I could only work out what moosie,or BFG was posting under now it would be good to see if he is back in Snaak ....
    I might even look up RAK is doing these days scene of my biggest loss ......
    PS: On second thoughts F RAK.
    PPS: Welcome back on board Couta1, hopefully the Beagle can convince you to join us for a longer haul sector , not a hop Wgtn-Blenheim.

To be fair, its is rumored a certain poster took an extremely dogged to dogmatically insisting that SUM company amended its restricted persons trading policy so some good for all came from the vigorous barking and until their was a change of director so the rumor goes a certain hound stayed in his kennel.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    To be fair, its is rumored a certain poster took an extremely dogged to dogmatically insisting that SUM company amended its restricted persons trading policy so some good for all came from the vigorous barking and until their was a change of director so the rumor goes a certain hound stayed in his kennel.
    Yes well done that poster . ( just a little light hearted Friday afternoon banter )

Default Fuel Hedge disclosure

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/263783.pdf

Vast majority of FY18 consumption hedged using Brent collars at around the current level. Good pragmatic risk management in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by tipsy View Post
    lol, next BP will be investing in crypto.
    who knows ... I might - as soon as there is a cryptocurrency with underlying value ; - but this is for another thread ....
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Banned

Wouldn't be surprised if the members on this forum were the 2nd largest shareholders after the government. AIR NZ charter plane to Fiji! Beagle pilot, Couta on drinks service. And if Eval ever turns up, the job of tour leader is his.