sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by kelfy View Post
    Hi, I got a stupid newbie question. If I buy it now can I get the dividend on the paid day at 18 Sep ?
    "Based on the airline's strong financial position, future capital commitments
    and improving trading environment, the Board felt it appropriate to increase
    the dividend," says Mr Carter. The final dividend will be paid on 18
    September 2017 to investors on record at the close of business on 8 September

hi from Portland ...should not have looked at that eclipse...if I could smooth my earnings that is the result I would secure election year with some provisions to unwind to be ahead into 2018 although they would never do that would they...onward and upward🤔

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kelfy View Post
    Hi, I got a stupid newbie question. If I buy it now can I get the dividend on the paid day at 18 Sep ?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheHunter View Post
    Yes you can - if you are holding shares on the record date you receive the dividend.
    I would like to clarify re:- ex dividend dates.

You have to be on the shareholder record by the ex-date
    (closing 8th Sept)...It is T=2days now but to be safe use T=3days... therefore to get the dividend allow 3 days before the 8th Sept to buy your shares....
    You will see next to the shareprice whether it is CD (cum Dividend) or XD (excluding Dividend [ex-dividend])..

You also may want to see the company announcements and up coming dividends with their ex dividend dates on the NZX webpage...THe NZX don't make it easy for investors and it can be a bitch finding that webpage so click on this link and then bookmark it for future use
    Last edited by Hoop; 23-08-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Default New Technology and AIR

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/3...z-ceo-sayshtml

Excellent sharechat article regarding advanced technology
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Did the Air Nz staff get their last bonus sixmonths or a year ago.?
    If it's every six months that's getting frequent, hope they don't learn to expect it. I'd like to see it paid to them in shares.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    Did the Air Nz staff get their last bonus sixmonths or a year ago.?
    If it's every six months that's getting frequent, hope they don't learn to expect it. I'd like to see it paid to them in shares.
    Paying them is shares does not always work , senior management have been on that deal for a while and as we saw ( sore ) last year as soon as they could they just turfed them out the door ......
    This might have spooked a few investors out of the stock at poor levels with all the "insider" selling going on . If they are not going to be locked in , better to just pay them cash imo.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Sarapan Pagi Hari Ini = Nasi Goreng, Ayam, Sayur, Aneka Kueh dan Kopi

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I'm having egg on face for breakfast today....I'll be busy cleaning my face and fur for hours with my profit prediction the other day.
    First impressions is I am disappointed with the result but it is pleasing to see they are confident regarding their outlook for FY18 for an improvement on this years result.
    https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/264094.pdf
    Yes, you made "A Dog's Breakfast" of that all right.

And that is despite your local Tiger suggesting that $526M (oh so very close ) might be more realistic.

You can not make an omelette without breaking eggs, but you may wish to reconsider some of the other future predictions you are making and whether they are benefiting from 'hound over-exuberance'.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

No question I got caught with my pants (fur ?) down with that over exuberance. Didn't work the FX right. All good...not ashamed to admit I got this one wrong and I shall eat a healthy dose of humble pie tonight. No tigers, cats or sheep shall be harmed in the making of that pie

But PT my furry friend, you did suggest in that post not to pay anywhere near $3 for an AIR share so anyone who took that advice could be very cross with you !
    No good being right with the profit projection if you can't work out what PE the stock should be trading on ! Have you made a dog's breakfast of your recommendation yourself
    you do not want to paying anywhere near $3 a pop for this. Paper Tiger 2 June 2017
    Edit - SP looks like closing the day up a bit so it would appear one is better to follow a bullish hound than a bearish Tiger... Shall I save a helping of tonight's humble pie to share with you
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-08-2017 at 05:00 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

Yes our beagle is more a pug today. The popcorn is back in the freezer and saved for another day.
    No champagne brunch just a good ol Dilma and shortbread.

But I for one appreciate the beagle over-exuberance, and wouldn't have got into AIR at the dip if not for the happy yelps of our four legged friend. Of course good timing and DYOR > smiley doggy face, but this would have been a dire boring thread otherwise.

There there doggy who's a good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by stoploss View Post
    Roger don't beat yourself up over a bit of "overexuberance" . You have had the call right around solid earnings and the overall trend .
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    Yes our beagle is more a pug today. The popcorn is back in the freezer and saved for another day.
    No champagne brunch just a good ol Dilma and shortbread.

But I for one appreciate the beagle over-exuberance, and wouldn't have got into AIR at the dip if not for the happy yelps of our four legged friend. Of course good timing and DYOR > smiley doggy face, but this would have been a dire boring thread otherwise.

There there doggy who's a good boy.
    Thanks...I take this one on the snout and definitely got covered in something today, (not glory that's for sure lol) never mind, live to bark happily another day
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...1F&FORM=VRDGAR

Disc: Little harm was incurred in the over exuberance, SP actually ended up 1 cent on the day. The hound is still happy to chew on this bone long term.
    Last edited by Beagle; 23-08-2017 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Edited the SP reaction closing price on the day