sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Is $729 to Vancouver a good deal

Tempted .....always wanted to take that train trip up through The Rocky Mountains to places like Jasper .....and maybe tag on an Alaskan Cruise to see some icebergs
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

Tempted .....always wanted to take that train trip up through The Rocky Mountains to places like Jasper .....and maybe tag on an Alaskan Cruise to see some icebergs
    I did that once (about 1981). It was great but unfortunately a lot of it was at night. If I remember it took about 20 hrs to get to Calgary.

PM me if you want some tips. We lived in Vancouver a few years ago and have done a lot of travel through Vancouver Island and central BC both on ferry, train and car, including the ice fields parkway through the rockies. Well worth the trip, especially if you're only pay $750 odd to YVR!

That will be only one way, look at the return all up cost, if April or later then a good price...if direct AKL to YVR then worth it, even at a price premium...to do what you want you need to go at the right time of year...

Thanks zaphod. Will do if I ever get organised and do that trip.

Friends have told me Vancouver and environs pretty cool place to visit
    Last edited by winner69; 13-11-2017 at 04:12 PM.

New research article by investment institution suggests Brent oil prices to re-trace back to US$58/bb

new TP $3.37

DYOR

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dreamcatcher View Post
    New research article by investment institution suggests Brent oil prices to re-trace back to US$58/bb

new TP $3.37

DYOR
    Mum's the word.

October operating stats a bit so so ......revenue v last year growing slightly still

Profits more than last year

Banned

October operating stats a bit so so ......revenue v last year growing slightly still

Profits more than last year
    All looks fine to me including load factors.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    All looks fine to me including load factors.
    Agreed. Pleasing to note RPK YTD excluding currency factors increased from +2.1% last month to +2.8% this month. Gives grounds to support management's optimism expressed at the recent annual meeting. Also pleasing is their fuel hedge position which is currently just over $USD29m in the money. Its never a good thing to see oil prices going up like lately, (but as long as yields increase, which they are, that's fine) and they have good level's of hedges in place worth over $42m Kiwi net of costs.

Business appears to be in good shape. Newly configured brand new Dreamliner starts services to Houston in December. Also announced so many different awards that I lost count.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-11-2017 at 10:07 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine