sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    Not to mention Jetstar here serving the provincial so well thus far. They are innovative, polite, and honest. Not arrogant or dodgy. Always travel them when I can. Hoepfully they will start flying out of ChCh too soon.
    I think you should disclose that you work for JetStar as chief of public relations Thank you for the humour, I could not disagree more.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    I think you should disclose that you work for JetStar as chief of public relations Thank you for the humour, I could not disagree more.

Only a happy customer and always pleased to stick up for them. No one else seems to , especially the media which never misses an opportunty to put the boot in. But doing the same to AIR NZ, no never, they are untouchable.

Oh , I should add..Jetstar are always accommodating too, not just innovative, polite and honest.

Only a happy customer and always pleased to stick up for them. No one else seems to , especially the media which never misses an opportunty to put the boot in. But doing the same to AIR NZ, no never, they are untouchable.

Oh , I should add..Jetstar are always accommodating too, not just innovative, polite and honest.
    Are you for real ? We have had numerous articles in the herald recently putting the boot into AIR. Please go back a few pages through this thread and you will see many of them with references with a link. Enough propaganda about Jetstar already.
    Happy to post my thoughts on the AIR result after listening in to the webcast.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-02-2019 at 10:59 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Guru

Hahaha you must work for JetStar Lola. I think airline rankings and public surveys etc would be the opposite to your thoughts.

I'm completely with Beagle on Air NZ - media put the boot into them when they can, especially when something goes pear-shaped (although sometimes I think the travelling public expect too much)

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Are you for real ? We have had numerous articles in the herald recently putting the boot into AIR. Please go back a few pages through this thread and you will see many of them with references with a link. Enough propaganda about Jetstar already.
    Happy to post my thoughts on the AIR result after listening in to the webcast.
    We tried Jetstar for the first time a couple of years back - Welly to Gold Coast for $300 to $340 return on special, with no airport parking. Mostly travel Jetstar now and while seating may be a bit cramped in cattle class, its probably the same as all airlines.

But AirNZ by paying a fully imputed $0.11 full imputed divi has clearly held of the major fall in price until record day. They do state clearly that it reflects the previous period.

JetStar has the tightest pitch of any airline. Their service is absolute rubbish. Their spare parts, staff and engineering backup is poor and leads to numerous last minute flight cancellations.
    Their treatment of passengers is extremely poor. They are on my permanent banned list.

I'm not currently an AIR shareholder so I'm allowed to speak honestly here .

Our family uses both Air NZ and Jetstar within NZ. Mostly between Chch and Wellington and between Wellington and Auckland. Our experience is that Jetstar has been at least as reliable as Air NZ. The only major delays we have experienced the last few years was on an Air NZ flight.

Regarding service and seats -- for those journeys it frankly doesn't matter. You aren't going to be properly fed and you are going to be squashed.

If I can save $100 on a leg by flying with Jetstar (or vice versa) then I don't care what logo is painted on the tail.

The exception is when returning on an Air NZ international flight -- then we try to have the connecting domestic flight on Air NZ too -- that way they become responsible for connection problems.

https://www.marketscreener.com/AIR-N...07/financials/

Solid result in difficult operating environment.
    Direct and indirect costs associated with RR engine issues to abate in 2H FY19 and significantly abate in FY20.
    Management very confident on sustainability of the dividend and I note a 12% gross yield at $2.54.
    Management not happy with the current level of profitability and working hard and confident about restoring same.
    Up to 5 787's on the ground in first half just gone, abating down to 2 at present and expected just one by Sept 2019.
    Significant efficiencies expected from fleet investment in A321 Neo's.
    Capex very light in FY21 and FY22.
    Operational review is making good progress.
    Market share domestic has grown in the last year, (see my comment on JetStar's service level above)
    Significant investment in customer lounges.
    Disc: Holding for yield. Happy to add more on any irrational weakness. Expecting pretty solid profit growth in FY20 and stable divvies for FY20. Possible special divvy in FY21 or FY22.
    DYOR.
    PS, If some people are happy with JetStar's service that's fine for them but in my opinion all that's really relevant on an AIR thread to AIR investors is whether AIR's share of the domestic market is growing and what impact JetStar are having on domestic RASK for AIR (none).
    For the convienience of pople who want to discuss JetStar's service I have created a special thread in the off market section here https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...473#post749473
    Can we get back on topic to discussing the financial performance and outlook for AIR now, seeing as they have just reported...
    Some more well considered opinions on that wouldn't go amiss...

I think we're headed back to ~ 30 cps earnings next year which out the stock on a forward PE of 8.5 and a gross yield as mentioned above of 12%.
    Pretty compelling metrics for a well managed company that's been going nearly 80 years.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-02-2019 at 12:23 PM.

Always love that chart on Slide 15 re H2 fuel costs sensitivity

Apparently jet fuel over US$80 .....if that’s the average for H2 earnings impact $20m odd

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...245/295932.pdf
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Always love that chart on Slide 15 re H2 fuel costs sensitivity

Apparently jet fuel over US$80 .....if that’s the average for H2 earnings impact $20m odd

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...245/295932.pdf
    You've overlooked their hedging program mate. Management are confident around the mid point of forecast of $370m before tax and are not content with that, hence the ongoing comprehensive operational review.
    Last edited by Beagle; 28-02-2019 at 12:25 PM.