sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

break down of the 2.50 area looks like just under $2 again at some time
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Just a little reminder ex div tomorrow, you have until 5pm tonight to buy in for the div. That also includes SPK ex div today.

Quote Originally Posted by emveha View Post
    A small blessing: at least Air New Zealand doesn't operate any 737 MAX.
    Thank God for that, the last thing AIR needs right now is another challenge https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...cid=spartandhp

Quote Originally Posted by Left field View Post
    Good luck with that...... TA not exactly supportive of your decision IMHO. (Disc don't hold)
    Thanks. I don't think anyone on here follows AIR as closely as I do. To clarify, I am semi retired (57) and buying for income, see previous comments about ~ 13% gross yield. Yes there are risks in the aviation industry for sure but I believe there is a very good chance they can continue the present level of dividend for the foreseeable future plus a special in FY21 or FY22.
    I would not be upset to see it at $2 as that enhances my ability to earn extra income at a cheaper capital cost. I believe at $2.47 cum a 11 cent fully imputed dividend, (effective ex divvy price $2.36) I am buying in the bottom quartile of where I expect the trading range to be in the years ahead ($2.00 - $3.60) and that's good enough for me. I am not pretending I can pick the bottom with this one, (too much spent aviation fuel affecting my nose) so lowest quartile is good enough.
    I know the TA doesn't look good and if goes down I am happy to buy more...
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-03-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Aircraft can always tanker fuel into an airport to be able to depart, even if it has to refuel again enroute to its planned destination. Sure it costs the operator a lot more to do so.
    There are probably product tankers headed here or for the East Coast of Australia loaded to the gunnels with JetA1.

If there was a repeat of the pipeline disruption and I was the Pooh Bar of a fuel supplier with an obligation to maintain supply I would be waving dollar notes under the cargo owners noses to divert to Auckland.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Getting worse for those airlines with MAX planes ....won’t be any flying soon

Hope there’s nothing lurking in the workings of the Dreamliners besides the dodgy engines.

Had my foray into owning airline stocks and loved AIR for a while ....it’s things like this that puts me off them ....one malfunction / mistake and it all comes crashing down. I’d hate to part own a plane that killed many people and buying AIR or any any airline stock seems to be tempting fate.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

MAX turned into MIN overnight, (sorry couldn't resist). For those that don't know all 737 MAX variants worldwide are in the process of being grounded. Those currently in the air will be grounded when they land. Thankfully this does not affect AIR.

of course it will affect AIR,there will be all sorts of disruptions around the world,with major scheduling problems, connections missed,etc.Not to mention the public's adverse reaction to air travel,it's a fickle commodity is trust.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by steveb View Post
    Not to mention the public's adverse reaction to air travel,it's a fickle commodity is trust.
    People won't stop flying!

That was a pretty quick recovery of the divie .....it did go ex-div today didn’t it?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”