sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny1 View Post
    Having 3 Aircraft grounded with no guarantee's that the ones still flying won't suffer another engine incident is more than just "Maintenance "
    Will be interested to see the punters reaction to the leased aircraft and crews...
    How many more engine failures will it take for Civil Aviation to step in and ground the Dreamliner fleet ? One more, two more or will their current investigation result in exactly that ? But this is just a maintenance issue right...
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

[QUOTE=Beagle;696251]It has been for quite some time, its all a question of materiality. For example Summerset restricted persons can still trade shares right up to half way through the final month in a quarter even though they have a pretty good idea how the sales will go for that quarter to be released to the stock exchange in the first week or so of the following quarter. The rules are not as black and white as some investors would like to think. FYI I formed my own opinion on the seriousness of the engine issue from a variety of sources and posted that more or less in real time as I was selling. The additional information is from a poster on here and may or may not be reliable and is unsubstantiated. I believe he knows what he's talking about but doesn't want to go on record with it and neither do I. I have invested a lot of time sharing my thoughts on this company over the years and have posted all known information from verifiable sources as quickly as I can. You can't ask more than that from anyone on here. Good luck to holders and I look forward to being a shareholder again when this issue has been de-risked.

Thanks for the response Beagle, appreciate it.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    How many more engine failures will it take for Civil Aviation to step in and ground the Dreamliner fleet ? One more, two more or will their current investigation result in exactly that ? But this is just a maintenance issue right...
    Like a newly divorced man you cannot help but keep wondering what your ex is up to

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Like a newly divorced man you cannot help but keep wondering what your ex is up to
    I might want to remarry at some stage soon lol
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Good bounce today finishing on the high for the day $3.27 2% up on good vol. So far so good, round one to the optimistic value buyers.

Default AIR boosts flights to Brisbane

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11959800

Good stuff, a great cheap place to go and taking advantage of the gap left by Emirates.

Interestingly having called QAN overpriced a number of times relative to AIR its interesting to note they're now firmly in correction territory down from ~ $A6.50 to ~ $A5.20.
    The mind boggles a bit with the wisdom of the company effectively using debt to buy back its own shares recently as high as $A6.50.
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-12-2017 at 09:27 AM.

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11959800

Good stuff, a great cheap place to go and taking advantage of the gap left by Emirates.

Interestingly having called QAN overpriced a number of times relative to AIR its interesting to note they're now firmly in correction territory down from ~ $A6.50 to ~ $A5.20.
    The mind boggles a bit with the wisdom of the company effectively using debt to buy back its own shares recently as high as $A6.50.
    Time to buy back your lot eh Beagle

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Time to buy back your lot eh Beagle
    LOL good one mate, touchι

P.S. AIR gains entry into the NZX20 from 18 December. Watch for a possible spike in the SP in the closing 15 minute match process this afternoon.
    Some might want to take advantage of that info one way or the other...
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-12-2017 at 03:21 PM.

IMO

Up another 3c to $3.30 today on 3 mill plus vol.Largest daily vol this year.

Index rebalancing JT...see comment directly above and post #12660. PPH affected "just a little" too
    Last edited by Beagle; 15-12-2017 at 05:45 PM.