sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

just chatting to my club mates in sweden as i missed the late summer seas coastal rowing races and i just checked dow futures..

and i have been thinking health checks are a must for the future of air travel and wondering if health checks would become a standard and low and behold...

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/28/-hea...el-etihad.html
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-09-2020 at 10:11 PM.

Guru

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12368786

Air New Zealand draws down more than $100m of Government loan

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 29-09-2020 at 02:00 PM.

Guru

it would be interesting to get expense stats along with carrying stats, to see how they are going as a going concern.... nothing seems to move this share price at the moment...100 Mil.. to see how far it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Wow, 610 posts in 12 years, I am overcome with gratitude for the regularity of your extremely insightful contributions
    Forums like markets thrive with diverse participants. Most dogs don't feel the need to bark at every passing car you know

You remind of a general trying to fight the last war. COVID and its affects are now well known and the world is adapting and innovating so lots of potential for upside surprises. You see the news about the new WHO approved 15-30min tests that are about 97% accurate for example? Not hard to see how the test could be incorporated into the check-in process for international flights. Might be a bit strange but people adapted to taking shoes off to pass security.

Guru

"Given uncertainty around travel restrictions and future demand Air New Zealand was not able to provide specific 2021 earnings guidance. However, current modelling suggested it would make a loss in 2021, Walsh said."

very few people are going to start travelling back to europe for holidays next year.

It will be april next year before year see trans Tasman numbers start to come back. You can test all you want but its the virus you have to kill.

they have stated today its going to take a lot longer than they thought to get back to 70%.

If they get to that by 2022 april then the current share price might be what people are trading on.

The there is this problem; test all you like but this is another problem...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/122923852/man-who-escaped-managed-isolation-by-creating-rope-out-of-bedsheets-gone-for-eight-hours
    Last edited by Waltzing; 29-09-2020 at 10:51 PM.

Advanced Member

Rather long but some good info in here.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...e_iOSApp_Other

Guru

damn good article thanks for that stoploss.
    Last edited by Waltzing; 30-09-2020 at 01:31 PM.

Guru

what the cap raise going to go for... they need? 500 Million? NO point going to the market for less?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    what the cap raise going to go for... they need? 500 Million? NO point going to the market for less?
    Think likely more than that! Repay some of the govt loan, strengthen balance sheet, and then just depends how long & hard going to burn cash.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaa View Post
    Forums like markets thrive with diverse participants. Most dogs don't feel the need to bark at every passing car you know
    Dead right mate, if I did that I'd go "horse"...you see what I did there
    Mostly interested in stocks that really will fly and the obvious train /plane wrecks.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzingironmansinlgescul View Post
    No mucking about mate, they need at least a billion to last them through the current FY21 year and most of the way through FY22 and maybe by then there might be a vaccine and they can slowly start to rebuild in FY23 or maybe not and they will need to raise even more money further down the track.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine