sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Reassuring knowing any aircraft engine can explode.?
    The fact that any engine, car or plane doesn't explode under load is a miracle in itself.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Reassuring knowing any aircraft engine can explode.?
    And not be contained!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    And not be contained!
    How are you going to do that? The testing room for these engines have 8 foot thick concrete walls.lol

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    How are you going to do that? The testing room for these engines have 8 foot thick concrete walls.lol
    My point was too subtle - the engines are supposed to contain any flying debris within the casing (or engine) and not have it fly out and break a window.

As we have said before how an airline communicates when things go wrong can be very telling. Currently in the US heading home next week.

Had already read stuff and herald and noted cancelled flights re 787s disruption...no LAX flights included. In addition, did not expect a problem as booked on 777s on the way back to Auckland. Received no email or txt updates of further cancelations. Thought I would look at the detail AIR site..just as much from a shareholder interest...and there is LAX flights cancelled and some rescheduled 12 hours earlier and not inline with our domestic US connection flight for our outbound flight...

So onto the call centre..wait time..international call... 1 hour 40 min on hold....hmmmm

Then things improved..brilliant call centre operator..looks at our options and help us make new flights work...no extra cost..no hassle..tried a few questions to test her and clearly highly trained to de-escalate the situation.

So the people side was exceptional..IT and communication side..needs improvement...

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    My point was too subtle - the engines are supposed to contain any flying debris within the casing (or engine) and not have it fly out and break a window.
    They are all talking about this issue here in the US...

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    as we have said before how an airline communicates when things go wrong can be very telling. Currently in the us heading home next week.

Had already read stuff and herald and noted cancelled flights re 787s disruption...no lax flights included. In addition, did not expect a problem as booked on 777s on the way back to auckland. Received no email or txt updates of further cancelations. Thought i would look at the detail air site..just as much from a shareholder interest...and there is lax flights cancelled and some rescheduled 12 hours earlier and not inline with our domestic us connection flight for our outbound flight...

So onto the call centre..wait time..international call... 1 hour 40 min on hold....hmmmm

then things improved..brilliant call centre operator..looks at our options and help us make new flights work...no extra cost..no hassle..tried a few questions to test her and clearly highly trained to de-escalate the situation.

So the people side was exceptional..it and communication side..needs improvement...
    about time air nz had their feet held to the fire over customer communications. They are an arrogant bunch. I will always go jetstar in nz and have never had a problem.. Correction i did once and their service was a delight. Time that jetstar got a pat on the back..the media always give them a thrashing.

Air NZ - most reputable company in Australia
    Air NZ - NZ best company.

I no complain!!!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lola View Post
    about time air nz had their feet held to the fire over customer communications. They are an arrogant bunch. I will always go jetstar in nz and have never had a problem.. Correction i did once and their service was a delight. Time that jetstar got a pat on the back..the media always give them a thrashing.
    Funny how experiences differ, I had a nightmare with Jetstar, stuck in Wellingtomn for hours with no explanation or customer support. Vowed never to fly with them again.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ratkin View Post
    Funny how experiences differ, I had a nightmare with Jetstar, stuck in Wellingtomn for hours with no explanation or customer support. Vowed never to fly with them again.
    Since we are on about Jetstar I had a fascinating experience.
    Flight from Saigon to Auckland (via Melbourne) was cancelled and rebooked 1 WEEK later.
    Yes - 1 WEEK.
    It was all because they had actually cancelled the Melbourne to Auckland. Rebooked for a later that day flight.
    But who in their right mind would think that rebooking for 1 week later would be OK????