sharetrader
Page 12 of 2019 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622621125121012 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

AIR NZ is stunned by the revised valuations of AIA. Surely they must be complete dummies to think that it matters one little bit. All the airlines have to pay the same, the cost is passed on to the passenger. I wonder how low the sp goes before the GOVT bails them out again. That is the only thing that i find interesting.
    macdunk

What the share price is at is irrelevant to whether or not the govt will need to bail them out. If someone has a healthy balance sheet they are not gonna need to be bailed out no matter how low the share price is. AIR at this stage has a very healthy balance sheet (around 50% leveraged of the top of my head) and are making profits so have no fundamental financial issues whatsoever. If things do get a bit tougher (not that I think they will) they can always suspend dividend payments.

quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

AIR NZ is stunned by the revised valuations of AIA. Surely they must be complete dummies to think that it matters one little bit. All the airlines have to pay the same, the cost is passed on to the passenger. I wonder how low the sp goes before the GOVT bails them out again. That is the only thing that i find interesting.
    macdunk
    true about cost passing Dunc, but they can be worried that higher prices have a negative effect on the whole market which hurts them and their comps.
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

quote:Originally posted by Gryffyn

macdunk
    true about cost passing Dunc, but they can be worried that higher prices have a negative effect on the whole market which hurts them and their comps.
    TWO GURU`s talking too themselves.. [8D]

to
    Fantasy Premier League 2006/07, 2007/08, and 2008/09 Champion :-)

"The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - C&H

quote:Originally posted by Gryffyn

to
    THE famous one word GURU.. [8D]

Advanced Member

[quote]quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

Originally posted by Gryffyn

to
    [/quote
    BRICKS my old mate you are starting to remind me of a pig dog that i once had. It attacked the other dogs when they were on to a pig so i shot the bloody thing before i shot the pig. Dont attack the wrong thing, remember we are all in this game for the same reason hopefully.
    macdunk

[quote]quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

to
    [/quote
    BRICKS my old mate you are starting to remind me of a pig dog that i once had. It attacked the other dogs when they were on to a pig so i shot the bloody thing before i shot the pig. Dont attack the wrong thing, remember we are all in this game for the same reason hopefully.
    macdunk
    STUPID your told the same STORY many times before and would never be your old MATE.. [8D]

Advanced Member

[quote]quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

to
    [/quote
    macdunk
    STUPID your told the same STORY many times before and would never be your old MATE.. [8D]
    Sorry BRICKS i keep forgetting you are under a new name since they kicked you off the last time. I did say you were as thick as a brick but never thought you would reincarnate yourself into one.
    Your old pal macdunk.

[quote]quote:Originally posted by duncan macgregor

to
    [/quote
    macdunk
    Sorry BRICKS i keep forgetting you are under a new name since they kicked you off the last time. I did say you were as thick as a brick but never thought you would reincarnate yourself into one.
    Your old pal macdunk.
    YET another talking GURU.. [8D]