Tigerair Australia pilots vote to take industrial action

I especially like the bit about "take measures to fly slower"
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    This should cheer Beags up.

Yes, but contrast with E Tu's position:

"After two years of bargaining, the decision to take protected industrial action was not made lightly," says AFAP industrial officer James Lauchland.

"The industrial action will not be conducted on Christmas Day or Boxing Day, as the federation’s members want to ensure passengers can travel to be with their families and friends."

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    This should cheer Beags up.

Has.. I liked the bit that says refuse to fly aircraft with "minor deferred defects".
    The airline will be grounded straight away!
    Don't think there is an aircraft flying that doesn't have something in the log book!

Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Early days but it Looks like Air NZ has taken the market share they wanted from Virgin since the end of the Virgin alliance. Be interesting to see Qantas and Virgin's numbers on the Tasman over the next year.

Long haul is starting to look a bit weak though, a load factor below 80% in any market is rare for Air NZ and a warning sign.

Long haul YTD 83.7% load factor compared to 82.4% in the same YTD period last year. Important not to read too much into any one single months stat's in my opinion.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"Based upon current market conditions and assuming an average jet fuel price of US$85 per barrel, 2019 underlying earnings before taxation is expected to be in the range of $425 million to $525 million." Annual Result

Looks like jet fuel is currently sitting at $74 $/bbl, maybe less now.

https://www.iata.org/publications/ec...ges/index.aspx

Yes jet possibly a bit less now but probably already built into the share price after gains in the last few days. I have a neutral view on the share price at $3.19 where fuel costs and demand are now and am holding for yield and hoping all workers at the airline realise they are interdependent upon each other and are realistic, fair and reasonable in their wage demands going forward and cognisant and respectful of the fact that if people hadn't stumped up with the capital to form the airline they wouldn't have a job at all, (i.e. the shareholders of the airline deserve a fair return for their capital in this high risk volatile and cyclical industry).
    Last edited by Beagle; 20-12-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes jet possibly a bit less now but probably already built into the share price after gains in the last few days. I have a neutral view on the share price at $3.19 where fuel costs and demand are now and am holding for yield and hoping all workers at the airline realise they are interdependent upon each other and are realistic, fair and reasonable in their wage demands going forward and cognisant and respectful of the fact that if people hadn't stumped up with the capital to form the airline they wouldn't have a job at all, (i.e. the shareholders of the airline deserve a fair return for their capital in this high risk volatile and cyclical industry).
    And why should employees at Air NZ be any different than employees of all companies on the sharemarket? Or are you just vocal about it on this,(read your) thread.