sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Good insight, thanks for posting the link.
    Could have been written by Mr Beagle. He's said all that plus more.

Does a poster who calls himself a private investor with 247 followers whose had 25 articles have much influence anyway.

Whatever it gives the warm fuzzies to the believers .....that's good as 4 bucks beckons
    Last edited by winner69; 21-07-2017 at 08:31 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Could have written by Mr Beagle

Does a poster who calls himself a private investor with 247 followers whose had 25 articles have much influence anyway.

Whatever it gives the warm fuzzies to the believers .....that's good.
    better then so called gurus of financial markets. They can't even make a right call.

And if this Summer of Love happens in the US it'll be good for airline stocks, and AIR will do OK as well

https://seekingalpha.com/article/408...er-love-stocks

even the NZ version of Summer of Love 50 years ago was pretty cool
    ... but remember - the US police force shoots lovers to kill.

Which means AIR would only sell one way tickets and needs to fly back with empty seats. Seriously - who would want to go to this terrible, unwelcoming and unfriendly country? I tried to avoid going there before Trump, but now I make even sure that all my flights to Europe go over Asia ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... but remember - the US police force shoots lovers to kill.

Which means AIR would only sell one way tickets and needs to fly back with empty seats. Seriously - who would want to go to this terrible, unwelcoming and unfriendly country? I tried to avoid going there before Trump, but now I make even sure that all my flights to Europe go over Asia ...
    ....and my mates tell me to avoid going through Shanghai to Europe.

....and my mates tell me to avoid going through Shanghai to Europe.
    Maybe your mates still live in the wrong century? The crooks moved East and some of them wear now police uniform or even made it to president.
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Maybe your mates still live in the wrong century? The crooks moved East and some of them wear now police uniform or even made it to president.
    Transit / transfer apparently chaotic they say from experience ..... shanghai good place to visit

Transit / transfer apparently chaotic they say from experience ..... shanghai good place to visit
    OK, I have to admit that I never have been in Shanghai. However - they can't possibly be worse organised than Heathrow !
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    You mean Sir Les [http://sirlespatterson.com/] himself do you ?

PS: This thread is a psychologist's paradise
    Quote Originally Posted by Eval View Post
    I don't think he has owned any shares in AIR. he has been telling people to keep away from AIR since 2004. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post

Been humouring you for years and you have never got the joke.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    On the contrary I definitely got the joke above, your best one yet by miles (thank you for the excellent humor, the hound nearly split his sides with laughter), and good to see another recently joined poster got it too. Hopefully others will read the first few pages of this thread and enjoy the comedy too
    Anyway back on topic, I wonder when the next monthly stat's will come out, must be any day now. Something of a correction appears to be emerging but we're still trading above the 30 day moving average and the annual result is just on one month away.
    I see we're just above 74 cents U.S. now...should give a good opportunity for AIR to lock in some forward cover for the remaining capex to complete its fleet modernization program at an attractive exchange rate.
    Last edited by Beagle; 21-07-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Totally confirm that, let's hope BP keeps to investment comments...

I don't totally understand the inside jokes between Roger and PT and whether its in good humour/faith or not, but for my two cents I have made exceptionally good returns on AIR in the circa 3 years since my initial investment, largely thanks to Roger whose posts are usually very informative and transparent (Rogers comments largely are the reasons I invested in the first place). No disrespect to PT, but I find his posts very cryptic, and not usually that informative or helpful at all!? So thankyou Roger.

Unfortunately I recently sold 30% of my holding at $2.81, and the balance at $3.20. Ever since I have desperately been awaiting a suitable re-investment point as I had intended this to be a long term hold purely for the dividend return. I concur with many on this forum that the company seems to be very well run. Surely the fact that they are making record profits in a time where they face/d very intense levels of new competition must be telling? If this level of profit occurs during times of massive competition - which seems to now be abating - this is a positive indicator? As far as I know, there is not a single valid negative argument against AIR (excluding arguments against the airline industry, and its associated risks as a whole). What is their not to like about AIR? I don't think its under-priced at present, but I also don't think its overpriced. Its about right perhaps, although I do think there is still going to be a lot of resistance to upward movement, given there must be a serious amount of people (like myself) who just want to lock in their profit, keeping pressure on the sell side.