sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    AIR ends the day with a market cap of $3.8b, and expecting npat of $575m (likely to be exceeded!?!?).
    FBU ends the day with a market cap of $5.6b, and expecting npat of $525m (likely to be lower?!?!)

Somethings wrong with this picture!!!!

I know which one id feel safer holding

(disc. hold AIR do not hold FBU)

Pay with market cap almost $600m ...making loss,,revenue less than $100m. ...what people going to say about that? Share market is irrational.......

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Have refreshed myself now ;the sale of virgin led to the special div last time. Forecast yield re 6% Gross D/Y on 73.5% payout ratio,.? Yield dropped a lot with s/p increase.Average t/p on 4traders still $2.81 and $2.45 at craigs. What will the overseas holders do(they own half the NZX and prob a lot more % in AIR atpit)? Holding atp.
    Have read a few more threads(alot of spin in there); so correcting my post to refer back to.
    Foreign ownership now re 39% up 12 % on re 4 months ago. Re 4 % NZ retail holders( some of us) and 5% NZ Instos (some of us?) and govt still with 52%; must be tempting for Nats to sell down more at these prices.

Quote Originally Posted by barleeni View Post
    AIR ends the day with a market cap of $3.8b, and expecting npat of $575m (likely to be exceeded!?!?).
    FBU ends the day with a market cap of $5.6b, and expecting npat of $525m (likely to be lower?!?!)

Somethings wrong with this picture!!!!

I know which one id feel safer holding

(disc. hold AIR do not hold FBU)
    Market probably expecting FBU to make heaps more next year while AIR might make a little more at best

Expect the market to be disappointed with FBU on an ongoing basis with their deep systemic company issues not all by any means of which have come to the surface yet and pleased with AIR's FY18 earnings. The caliber of the management could not be more diametrically opposed in my view and I'd back superb management over bad any day of the week with my capital. I think the comparison of PE's for these two cyclical's is a valid and interesting one and continue to believe FBU is seriously mispriced to the high side.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

little light..however thought a couple of points may be of interest to some...

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/travel/new...ectid=11897087

From a BBC article about pollution as opposed to carbon:
    What about aeroplanes? How much air pollution is caused by aircraft?

In the UK about 1% of nitrogen dioxide emissions are caused by aviation. Far more are caused by people driving to airports in their cars.

Good post RAZ and this, extracting more utilization from its existing domestic fleet http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/BU170...+1+August+2017
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

IMO

Yes very int read thanks Raz. Cheaper to have hols overseas now.

"But New Zealanders also have this tourism boom to thank for low international fares as it is the inbound market that is driving the number of seats.

House of Travel founder Chris Paulsen says there's been 750,000 additional seats in the market in just the past 12 months alone.
    "That hasn't come in because of outbound demand. It's airlines positioning themselves for the future of travel in the Asia-Pacific of which New Zealand is going to be a key component."

somewhat of a follow up on the earlier article although more AIR focused

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11897478

Air New Zealand's chief revenue officer Cam Wallace said

"More and more we're making data-driven decisions on pricing. We have so much history and understand when demand is coming in. Sometimes it requires us to be super aggressive on price points and other times we're confident to hold out because we know last-minute demand will come in," he said.

They have really improved in this area over the past year...
    Last edited by Raz; 01-08-2017 at 04:21 PM.

Advanced Member

Have noticed quiet trading in last couple of days and then plenty of buyers coming in at end of day...last 15 minutes, but also plenty of sellers, but sp quite stable, but only less than 0.001% of shares, so what are the other 99.999% of shares doing? Who is buying? Who is selling? Maybe off shore buyers, Maybe on shore sellers? Or maybe we are all waiting for div day and how much sp drops after div., if it drops. New buyers coming in will probably not be selling very soon. If sp doesn't drop, then is $3.30 new low? Who knows? I'm holding and looking forward to big juicy div.