sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Interesting bounce in SP last couple of days..... Decent volume yesterday and today not too bad either. Not sure a 4% dip in jet fuel is the underlying cause but its a roller coaster, see if it can build again from here.

The creditor tigers are crouching in the bamboo waiting for the HNA Aviation Group to falter.

HNA aviation own the portion of Virgin(Under Arm Bowlers Division) Cullen Airlines sold.

Will Cullen Airlines CEO Christopher Luxon do a Kerry Packer and buy the stake back at a knock down price?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

morningstar has downgraded AIR to a sell with a target of $2.60

although, one should always take their 'recommendations' with a pinch of salt. more 'often-than-not' it is best to the complete opposite.

reckon we hold in this little pattern until results day

filthy

Missed by that much

I booked a flight to Canberra on Singapore airlines, but now find I am actually on AIr NZ and Virgin. The fare is exactly half what it would have been had I booked via AIR. Someone is making a loss on this ticket and I suspect it is NOT Singapore Air.

Go The Warriors "This Year!"

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The creditor tigers are crouching in the bamboo waiting for the HNA Aviation Group to falter.

HNA aviation own the portion of Virgin(Under Arm Bowlers Division) Cullen Airlines sold.

Will Cullen Airlines CEO Christopher Luxon do a Kerry Packer and buy the stake back at a knock down price?

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    No! Think AIR has publicly stated they are through with buying into other Airlines.
    Virgin especially offer no advantage to them.

They have had a sound if not slightly limited commercial agreement with them that has suited each others interests over the last few years (although have read speculation on another internet forum ..and that all it is.. That AIR may seek not to renew this agreement later this year) .

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    I booked a flight to Canberra on Singapore airlines, but now find I am actually on AIr NZ and Virgin. The fare is exactly half what it would have been had I booked via AIR. Someone is making a loss on this ticket and I suspect it is NOT Singapore Air.
    It might be Singapore Air taking the hit if your flight is after April when the service stops ? Presumably they would have to make good and put you on another service ?
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/100...n-to-melbourne
    Last edited by stoploss; 01-02-2018 at 09:21 AM. Reason: add link

Quote Originally Posted by Jantar View Post
    and a bit longer to get there eh

Singapore will be paying with the help of Wellington ratepayers
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    and a bit longer to get there eh

Singapore will be paying with the help of Wellington ratepayers
    Don't get me started ...WCC lol

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    morningstar has downgraded AIR to a sell with a target of $2.60

although, one should always take their 'recommendations' with a pinch of salt. more 'often-than-not' it is best to the complete opposite.

reckon we hold in this little pattern until results day

filthy
    No wonder price is flying today....just do the opposite to Morningstar's recommendation...it'll all be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    No wonder price is flying today....just do the opposite to Morningstar's recommendation...it'll all be fine.
    LOL I hold them in a similar level of derision but occasionally even a broken clock is right and I think this is one of those occasions.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine