sharetrader
Page 949 of 971 FirstFirst ... 449849899939945946947948949950951952953959 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,235 of 14563

Thread: AIR NZ

Just watched the latest air nz safety video. I had no idea about the safety message it was trying to tell. Especially for those who are from non-English speaking countries, I believe many of them hardly can understand the message - air nz has a lot of passengers from different countries right? I recently had a flight with Qantas and their safety video was clear in message yet fun enough to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by pg0220 View Post
    Just watched the latest air nz safety video. I had no idea about the safety message it was trying to tell. Especially for those who are from non-English speaking countries, I believe many of them hardly can understand the message - air nz has a lot of passengers from different countries right? I recently had a flight with Qantas and their safety video was clear in message yet fun enough to watch.
    I agree with that. Trying to be too hip and message lost about safety for the passengers

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Given the amount of whinging here about the video I am genuinely surprised that the share price is still as far above fair value as it currently is
    om mani peme hum

I'm guessing there are about three posters on this thread (including me) that actually own Air NZ shares (maybe less) so not surprising that the "anger" has not hit the share price.

I'm just really happy that oil is in the doldrums. What am I thinking...I'm hijacking the thread. Let's get back to the safety video.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow Leopard View Post
    Given the amount of whinging here about the video I am genuinely surprised that the share price is still as far above fair value as it currently is
    It just means you could put a video of the all blacks playing tiddlywinks and AIR share price would still do well. They only put these videos on for legal requirements “health and safety”. Just a waste of money if no one understands the message and no one would know what to do if a plane did actually get into trouble.
    Last edited by Ggcc; 30-12-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Latest Qantas safety video released 11 months ago, watched (almost) 259 thousand times on You Tube.
    Latest AIR safety video released only about 8 weeks ago, already watched (almost) 2.3 Million times on You Tube.
    They ain't watching it on You Tube for the safety messages. That's great marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    They need to keep the safety message clear..they will be slammed if there is an accident and passengers do not act appropriately in an emergency.
    People act inappropriately with or without good safety videos.
    At a recent incident people did everything they could do wrong - and that was on a plane that had a 'standard' briefing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Latest Qantas safety video released 11 months ago, watched (almost) 259 thousand times on You Tube.
    Latest AIR safety video released only about 8 weeks ago, already watched (almost) 2.3 Million times on You Tube.
    They ain't watching it on You Tube for the safety messages. That's great marketing.
    It is very good marketing!
    All those people won't go out and buy a ticket on AIR but advertising is never a 100% hit.

Millions watched Mariah Carey and All I Want for Xmas is You on YouTube over the last week or so ...and it was played 11 million times on Spotify on Christmas Eve
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

I'm always a little bemused at the inflight safety videos - how many people swim away from a plane crash. (the one on the Hudson the only one I can think of)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Millions watched Mariah Carey and All I Want for Xmas is You on YouTube over the last week or so ...and it was played 11 million times on Spotify on Christmas Eve
    I have no idea what this has to do with Air NZ but it reminded me of something I saw on Twitter telling us that the lyrics to this song were a very typical Mariah burn

"I don't want a lot for Christmas
    All I want for Christmas
    Is you"
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Okay...back to the shares. I think they are a reasonable hold at $3.10 for yield so I made a small top up at the close, my final investment decision for 2018.
    The penultimate one earlier this morning was taking an small opening position in Kathmandu. I am impressed with their same store sales growth and positive talk of strong profit growth is in stark contrast to the commentary coming from HLG. PE's are not materially dissimilar. If the first half results impress I will double down, same goes for AIR.
    Last edited by Beagle; 31-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    People act inappropriately with or without good safety videos.
    At a recent incident people did everything they could do wrong - and that was on a plane that had a 'standard' briefing.
    And you point is..?? I'm sure the media will not be interested in picking up on all that if an accident occurs. The PR for the airline would be unworkable...they really need cross department input in decisions...classic marketing myopic.. and perhaps Winners point is 2.3 million hits in context is nothing much...

For you marketing gurus and for you that have been seduced by guru marketers and not forgetting those who confess to be accountants here’s a repost of a Tom Fishburne cartoon which in essence shows what 2.3 million YouTube views really means
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Imagination is more important than knowledge.”

LOL Winner. At least their super expensive recent Antarctica video delivered something of a worthwhile message about the environment and was visually stunning and from memory got over 6 millions hits. The latest rubbish on the other hand...
    No butts, hold no mutts, (unless they're the furry variety).