sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Naturally, give it to Christchurch Airport or associated market arm..not to that myopic lot :-)
    Okay I see where you're coming from but still reckon you're whistling Dixie. I suppose its only natural that AIR's competitors are looking to take market share bringing in tourists to Chch seeing as many probably have the South Island's attraction's as their main agenda here. I'm not sure whether Chch's outbound Kiwi market in terms of its size is especially supportive of major route expansion but perhaps when they finally get all their "Dream"liners working properly again ?

Anyway...speaking of dividends, anyone quick enough to snap up some shares at $3.15 at the open on Thursday morning after reading the investor day briefing has done pretty well in two days of holding, up 16 cps ! I think they were pretty sound value at $3.15 first thing Thursday and its amazing how quickly the market gapped up to fair value isn't it ! Poor shareholders relying on analyst updates...by the time they receive the updated recommendation from their brokers the anomalous pricing has disappeared.
    Last edited by Beagle; 16-06-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I have a good handle of the numbers from the inside as I'm involve with the freight out with several south island businesses for export. An example is the most profitable meat exports in NZ are via a carrier exiting Christchurch.
    Do you remember the good old days?

When the aircraft of choice was an Antonov. When the cargo was getting too warm the crew would open the vents wider to allow in more cold high altitude air and when refueling at some airport in Central Asia the local bandits would try to steal the cargo.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Okay I see where you're coming from but still reckon you're whistling Dixie. I suppose its only natural that AIR's competitors are looking to take market share bringing in tourists to Chch seeing as many probably have the South Island's attraction's as their main agenda here. I'm not sure whether Chch's outbound Kiwi market in terms of its size is especially supportive of major route expansion but perhaps when they finally get all their "Dream"liners working properly again ?

Anyway...speaking of dividends, anyone quick enough to snap up some shares at $3.15 at the open on Thursday morning after reading the investor day briefing has done pretty well in two days of holding, up 16 cps ! I think they were pretty sound value at $3.15 first thing Thursday and its amazing how quickly the market gapped up to fair value isn't it ! Poor shareholders relying on analyst updates...by the time they receive the updated recommendation from their brokers the anomalous pricing has disappeared.
    I did buy in again based on the investor update although not as many as I would have liked. The update did answer a few key questions didn't it, take the uplift on SP as well although not the full whack you mentioned.

Concerning the regional stuff I don't expect anything to happen and it was tongue in cheek to expect Government help in any shape or form...I try to help where I can as not many lobby for the South.
    Last edited by Raz; 16-06-2018 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    Do you remember the good old days?

When the aircraft of choice was an Antonov. When the cargo was getting too warm the crew would open the vents wider to allow in more cold high altitude air and when refueling at some airport in Central Asia the local bandits would try to steal the cargo.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Was involved with a industrial level pipe cleaning business at that time.. all you mention was certainly going on and still with all the security and due diligence possible we still found our supplies used for Saddam Hussein's 'supergun', that caused us a few PR issues...

I did buy in again based on the investor update although not as many as I would have liked. The update did answer a few key questions didn't it, take the uplift on SP as well although not the full whack you mentioned.

Concerning the regional stuff I don't expect anything to happen and it was tongue in cheek to expect Government help in any shape or form...I try to help where I can as not many lobby for the South.
    Yes I think they've coped very well with the challenges they've faced this year which augers well for FY19 and beyond. Some of the uptick on Friday could be to do with NZX50 rebalancing, (third Friday of the third month of each quarter) so maybe we'll see it settle in the low 320's next week ?

With this one though its a case of buying the dips rather than the peaks.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

At least it was only an oil pump this time as Dreamliner turned back

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/104...ngine-problems

It was Zk-nzg so don’t think one of lemon Dreamliners
    Last edited by winner69; 16-06-2018 at 03:44 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

RNZ article quotes Air NZ saying unrelated, not ideal though.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...to-turn-around

Air NZ best place to work

Tight battle just heading off a few government departments ...hmmm

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/104...s-want-to-work

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Air NZ best place to work

Tight battle just heading off a few government departments ...hmmm

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/104...s-want-to-work
    A few of the comments below the article would suggest that AIR haven't got everything perfect.

... and we all know that the comments on Stuff articles are always from the most erudite people too

Pretty amazing stats for May

No wonder guidance pretty good

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...731/281451.pdf
    Last edited by winner69; 21-06-2018 at 12:44 PM.