sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/busi...cid=spartandhp

AIR's behaviour is getting under a lot of people's skin. Coutts told me earlier today he's still waiting for his credit 4 weeks after it was promised.
    I suggest anyone with a problem like this bring it to the attenton of the CEO .
    Greg.Foran@airnz.co.nz

Guru

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/busi...cid=spartandhp

AIR's behaviour is getting under a lot of people's skin. Coutts told me earlier today he's still waiting for his credit 4 weeks after it was promised.
    The processing is very slow - they are swamped.
    The sooner it is done online the better.

"Air New Zealand is hanging tough on refunds in the face of renewed pressure from Consumer NZ which says the airline will suffer lasting brand damage". It certainly will !
    Cam Wallace chief revenue officer 'If we were to open the floodgates and refund those that would accelerate the requirement to use the loan and we would have to make some even more aggressive changes to our cost base.'' He's a total muppet. Such changes would put the company on a much more competitive footing going forward and they wouldn't suffer irreparable brand damage.

Honestly where do they find these idiots ? As for paying them mega bucks...oh my goodness, they'd be better hiring a marketing graduate fresh out of University for $60,000, save themselves $1m per annum plus. Even a wet behind the ears graduate fresh out of Uni could tell you AIR are shooting themselves really badly in both feet and causing irreparable brand damage.

Another two more months for an online system for their ostensibly almost worthless credits. Pathetic is sometimes such an inadequate word. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp

JetStar has never looked so good !!
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-06-2020 at 06:30 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

"Air New Zealand is hanging tough on refunds in the face of renewed pressure from Consumer NZ which says the airline will suffer lasting brand damage". It certainly will !
    Cam Wallace chief revenue officer 'If we were to open the floodgates and refund those that would accelerate the requirement to use the loan and we would have to make some even more aggressive changes to our cost base.'' He's a total muppet. Such changes would put the company on a much more competitive footing going forward and they wouldn't suffer irreparable brand damage.

Honestly where do they find these idiots ? As for paying them mega bucks...oh my goodness, they'd be better hiring a marketing graduate fresh out of University for $60,000, save themselves $1m per annum plus. Even a wet behind the ears graduate fresh out of Uni could tell you AIR are shooting themselves really badly in both feet and causing irreparable brand damage.

Another two more months for an online system for their ostensibly almost worthless credits. Pathetic is sometimes such an inadequate word. https://www.msn.com/en-nz/money/news...cid=spartandhp

Ha I just read the article, did Cam for one moment think how this looks from a customer perspective before he opened his mouth to be quoted, staggered with their media on this...we all know this but to actually state it...

It is clear they are cancelling bookings which often have little relationship to actual cancelled flights. Credits..well if we hold them back from issuing them perhaps some may be forgotten or people give up as people run around with their busy lives? If the customers pays..so what, the introversion of the airline is amazing. Passing through security at Auckland airport at the weekend, so slow with staff standing around chatting with little to do.

Optics has never been discussed at management level?

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/121...y-loan-earlier

"But the airline's chief revenue officer Cam Wallace said paying so much cash out of the business would mean having to access the government money sooner, and could also mean more redundancies at the airline."
    Last edited by Raz; 03-06-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Membaa

You might’ve missed my post the other day, Jetstar haven’t refunded all my prepaid flights either. The fight for refund continues though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    You might’ve missed my post the other day, Jetstar haven’t refunded all my prepaid flights either. The fight for refund continues though.
    I didn't miss it. I see on their website they start flying here again on 1 July. Keep bleating to them like a lamb lost from its mother
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Usually a bad sign when AIR proudly touts ‘we’ve a billion in the bank ...no worries’

Seems to be a precursor to financial catastrophe

A memorable phrase though.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Membaa

I didn't miss it. I see on their website they start flying here again on 1 July. Keep bleating to them like a lamb lost from its mother
    I don’t bleat like a lamb, never have, I Ram Ram Ram like the TerBaaNator! Lol 😂

Just pointing out that Jetstar are no better than AIR, they’re both fleecing their sheeple.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Usually a bad sign when AIR proudly touts ‘we’ve a billion in the bank ...no worries’

Seems to be a precursor to financial catastrophe

A memorable phrase though.
    Yes it sure is. As soon as they said it I got an immediate flashback to their last bailout in 2001 where they said exactly the same thing just beforehand.