sharetrader
Page 9 of 2018 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319591095091009 ... LastLast

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Thanks Skol.
    Found the clip in the TV1 archives. Rumours about Fyfe came from the 'travel industry'.
    Air is going through a hugh amount of change at the moment and some of it is not being handled very well from a human resources point of view I gather.Looks as though Fyfe's HR department may be letting him down.I hear 'dignity and compassion' are paid lip-service only in some areas.
    I can see what Fyfe is trying to do overall,and if he succeeds AIR should be good buying at some stage.
    He is fighting negative press the whole way however and still has a few battles to win, not to mention the Wellington business Community, living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to a realistic air service.[xx(]

Banned

quote:Originally posted by biker

Thanks Skol.
    Found the clip in the TV1 archives. Rumours about Fyfe came from the 'travel industry'.
    Air is going through a hugh amount of change at the moment and some of it is not being handled very well from a human resources point of view I gather.Looks as though Fyfe's HR department may be letting him down.I hear 'dignity and compassion' are paid lip-service only in some areas.
    I can see what Fyfe is trying to do overall,and if he succeeds AIR should be good buying at some stage.
    He is fighting negative press the whole way however and still has a few battles to win, not to mention the Wellington business Community, living in cloud cuckoo land when it comes to a realistic air service.
    The only thing i see hes doing is pre warning the public and investors that tough times are ahead. This also means tough decisions need to be made. He clearly needs to learn some PR skills. What many of the workers will be saying to themseleves is be loyal to AIR but be warned we can sh't on you at any time. The majority of airlines are going through restructuring and many are in a far worse position than AIR.

Ralp Norris wasnt silly in jumping ship. I think he completely new what the airline industry was in for.

quote:Originally posted by lanenz
    [br
    Ralp Norris wasnt silly in jumping ship. I think he completely new what the airline industry was in for.
    surly he didn't jump ship ... being the head honcho of a airline
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

When you have the chairman on TV doing his block like that it doesn't bode well for investors. There is probably more going on behind the scenes we'd all like to know about. This business will no doubt undermine Fyfe's authority and will be fairly corrosive.

quote:Originally posted by Skol

When you have the chairman on TV doing his block like that it doesn't bode well for investors. There is probably more going on behind the scenes we'd all like to know about. This business will no doubt undermine Fyfe's authority and will be fairly corrosive.
    right WE NOW HAVE THE FACTS do we buy or sell.. [8D]

Banned

I sold some time back but call myself an "interested bystander". Every time a new management team arrives they seem to want to re-invent the wheel. Each decade whether it's Bob Owens, Bob Mathew, John Palmer, they set about making staff redundant, spending zillions on new uniforms, implanting new buzzwords, selling assets, etc. etc. I'm positive it went according to plan under Ralph Norris because he left everyone to get on with the job.

Advanced Member

I cant get over the greed of some people in top jobs. The highest ranked redundancy in air New Zealand.
    [quote the NZ Herald]. The authority notes that in less than 2 years from when he was chief operating officer until the end of his six months leave he was paid more than 1.7 million including redundency pay and bonuses.
    The man in reality is only another mans lackey he sits in an office and gets paid wages. It is no wonder that this company is destined to trend down until the next bail out. macdunk

Do the new planes run on Bio Fuel? If not, then why buy?
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"

quote:Originally posted by Bling_Bling

BLING have you been on HOLIDAYS.. [8D]

quote:Originally posted by BRICKS

quote:Originally posted by Bling_Bling

BLING have you been on HOLIDAYS.. [8D]
    YEs I have, a very long and satisfying one, thanks. You noticed?
    This stock shines so bright that it \"Bling Blings\"