sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    Crackup! Best thread to date!
    Well its really sad thread, not being able to fly anywhere..talk about a total change in lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    Well its really sad thread, not being able to fly anywhere..talk about a total change in lifestyle.
    Well, just get the Holden Colorado out, suit up with mask and gloves and head around the corner for an enjoyable drive to the supermarket. I did that with my Holden Calais today....would have been a LOT more fun in an M5 though
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Yep, with inevitable collapse of AirNZ and Jet* flying days are over. Only monorail to oz will save us.

xp

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    ...would have been a LOT more fun in an M5 though
    Indeed. I sold my M3 to a BMW dealer about 3 weeks ago. Covid didn't seem to factor into his decision process, but I couldn't take the cash off him quick enough. Might be able to buy it back in 6 months at a 50% discount :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclical View Post
    Indeed. I sold my M3 to a BMW dealer about 3 weeks ago. Covid didn't seem to factor into his decision process, but I couldn't take the cash off him quick enough. Might be able to buy it back in 6 months at a 50% discount :-)
    Nice timing, my 2020 M5 is sitting in my garage in LA doing no milage and depreciating with no chance to drive it....for how long. Beagle... Colorado for farm use only...to que to go to the supermarket like you are going on a ride...what fun!

AIRs planes parked up at Christchurch are a site...not that I recommend anyone drive by....any parked up at Auckland airport or too pricey by AIA to park up North...

Nice timing, my 2020 M5 is sitting in my garage in LA doing no milage and depreciating with no chance to drive it....for how long. Beagle... Colorado for farm use only...to que to go to the supermarket like you are going on a ride...what fun!

AIRs planes parked up at Christchurch are a site...not that I recommend anyone drive by....any parked up at Auckland airport or too pricey by AIA to park up North...
    Can't think of many things more frustrating than that. Like having a private jet you can't use. This might make you feel a bit better, or maybe worse with missing it more lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxsBUkm9vBs

I think if I get through this Covid 19 thing okay my days of making do with an average Joe Bloggs car are going to be very few. Might as well enjoy what you love eh mate !
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-04-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I see in their latest email Air NZ tell us that "we even brought more currency into New Zealand for the banking system".
    If they brought in that 30B and take that 900m then .9/30 = 3%. Seems like a fair cut . So why do they still have to pay it back with interest?
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

LOL Peat.
    AIR might have one less competitor soon. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...y+4+April+2020

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    LOL Peat.
    AIR might have one less competitor soon. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...y+4+April+2020
    True - but then, their planes won't magically disappear, and anybody buying them on the cheap from e.g. receiver liquidator might be able to start another low cost airline with the advantage that they can time when to start with the business ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    True - but then, their planes won't magically disappear, and anybody buying them on the cheap from e.g. receiver liquidator might be able to start another low cost airline with the advantage that they can time when to start with the business ...
    Could be someone with a vested interest will buy just for spare parts and destroy ............