sharetrader
Page 2020 of 2020 FirstFirst ... 1020152019201970201020162017201820192020
Results 20,191 to 20,199 of 20199

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Operationally basically running breakeven or loss 2nd half ot year

No wonder fares going up tomorrow

Well fares going up is really going to fix things .. take a leaf out of NZ Post's reactionary pricing manual

Nothing like having a captive bunch of customers to line up as the Company's own ATM available at will to fix all ills in one or two swift swipes

More competition from wide & afar might just be taking a second peak to see if they can eat AIR's lunch for them on the re-elevated fare pricing
    Last edited by nztx; 30-04-2024 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

More competition from wide & afar might just be taking a second peak to see if they can eat AIR's lunch for them on the re-elevated fare pricing
    Queer and Nasty Airlines and the spreadsheet jockeys who run Virgin(Under Arm Bowlers Division) will be looking with a keen interest at the repossessed 737 max's of bust Bonza Airlines. They would love to participate in the great Aussie tradition of kicking the Kiwi airline when it is down by operating these aircraft across the Ditch or on the NZ Main Trunk.

There are reports the aircraft have been whisked away to Canada which makes this scenario less likely.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Legend

Service with a smile from AIR:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...BHWWVH5E6MXDE/

Air New Zealand apologises to customer left in call centre limbo

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Service with a smile from AIR:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...BHWWVH5E6MXDE/

Air New Zealand apologises to customer left in call centre limbo
    People need to learn to have plan B when traveling and for god's sake don't take baby and toddler on flights unless it's absolutely necessary. I do not consider visiting grandparents as a good enough reason, wait till the kids are older and use social media in the meantime. Long hauls are not good for little ones and people on the flight shouldn't have to put up with unacceptable noise when trying to sleep. Air travel is just too cheap and simple nowadays, that's why some people treat it like a shuttle bus. I cringe every time I see people getting on a plane wearing flip-flops. Please treat your fellow passengers with more respect and long haul flying, especially, as a special occasion. I for one welcome price rise, so that flying can feel special again.

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy View Post
    continuing its drift down; maybe towards the $0.53 rights offer....
    not looking goods to stop

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by klid View Post
    not looking goods to stop

imagine where incoming competition on the stiff side could send the SP ?
    Last edited by nztx; 04-05-2024 at 06:00 PM.

https://youtu.be/FEH8kZxaWS4?si=HTb9bQwuRsVKH8M3

I use to buy shares for their dividends years ago, including Air NZ. Took me a long time to appreciate how dividends aren't free. Rob Berger addresses the free money fallacy in the video above.

I wonder if NZers will finally give up on dividends and think about total return? Unlikely.

Hey! Is Air below it's covid low? Wow.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 07-05-2024 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    https://youtu.be/FEH8kZxaWS4?si=HTb9bQwuRsVKH8M3

I use to buy shares for their dividends years ago, including Air NZ. Took me a long time to appreciate how dividends aren't free. Rob Berger addresses the free money fallacy in the video above.

I wonder if NZers will finally give up on dividends and think about total return? Unlikely.

Hey! Is Air below it's covid low? Wow.
    Really depends on the company you invest in and what your priorities are. I mainly want dividend to supplement my income so capital gain is not that important in itself, but obviously I don't want to see SP tank. Similarly, there are advice against the "averaging down" tactic, when investing in shares, but I've used it successfully many times in the past. Again this depends on the company and how much money you've got to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    Really depends on the company you invest in and what your priorities are. I mainly want dividend to supplement my income so capital gain is not that important in itself, but obviously I don't want to see SP tank. Similarly, there are advice against the "averaging down" tactic, when investing in shares, but I've used it successfully many times in the past. Again this depends on the company and how much money you've got to play with.
    This is well said