sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Talking of crashes somebody has produced this chart

Boeing’s 737 Max 8 has had more fatalities in its first years in service than other new aircraft model since 1966. (The other planes depicted were the other most dangerous.) @Morning_Joe

Apparently the 747 number is high because 2 of them collided on the Canary Islands. Also somebody noted the three 727s fell out of the sky before they realised they had to be landed on full throttle but that was launched pre 1966 and not shown

Whatever relative to the zillions of passengers not many killed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winner69; 15-03-2019 at 11:27 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Whatever relative to the zillions of passengers not many killed
    Lol - so long as it isn't me in the 'not many'

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    Lol - so long as it isn't me in the 'not many'
    What will come to you will come so don’t worry.

I remember flying in those DC10s I think they were - the ones with an engine on the tail - when they were falling out of the sky and there were so many people who changed their flights it made flying comfortable ....one flight HKY/AKL was so empty one had a choice of which row of seats to lie on and sleep.

Whatever the reason, AIR SP is getting pushed down ... couldn't resist, I topped up at 2.34.

Quote Originally Posted by oldtech View Post
    Whatever the reason, AIR SP is getting pushed down ... couldn't resist, I topped up at 2.34.
    Terrorist threats

Quote Originally Posted by martinchnz1 View Post
    Terrorist threats
    Sorry, I wasn't aware of that when I posted.

What has happened in Christchurch ... words fail me. What can you say?

I feel profoundly sorry for all the victims and their relatives and friends and my thoughts and prayers go out to them. Such heinous acts of violence are to the best of my knowledge unprecedented in N.Z. in recent times. I am sure the whole country is in shock and disbelief.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Dilettante

Shame on Luxon and his team at AIR. Good on Robertson for calling them and giving them a talking to. What a ridiculous lapse of their senses https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12213438

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Shame on Luxon and his team at AIR. Good on Robertson for calling them and giving them a talking to. What a ridiculous lapse of their senses https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...ectid=12213438
    Love Robertson quote “"Their call, and the right one." .....yeah right

Bit different from an earlier communication

@FlyAirNZ
    We're saddened by the tragic events that has occurred and are trying to help those with travel over the weekend and those that are directly affected. Although we've been putting on additional capacity we have very little availability which is why the fares have increased. ^NA

That ^NA no doubt just doing his job ....failed leadership

Beagle and others should send Chris a blast with their outrage. Uber-esque pricing strategies do not apply to our ‘national carrier’
    Last edited by winner69; 17-03-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Software system designed to maximise revenue needed to be overridden in these unprecedented circumstances and has been. Compassionate fares are there but not everyone knows about them. AIR could have done a better job communicating the compassionate fares available in these extraordinary circumstances.
    Not making excuses for them but they probably wouldn't have been aware that demand would rise off the charts and this happened mostly on the weekend.
    Last edited by Beagle; 17-03-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine