sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Guru

These look cooler.I am not sure how they take off & land?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MG0OWz_orK8

Aug operatring stats out

Pretty positive but not as positive as July

Doubt whether F18 will be a record year now ...but should still be 2nd best year ever
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Some really extreme weather in August, more extreme by far than the usual August weather e.g multiple days of dense fog at Auckland shutting flights down left right and center. Expecting Sept stat's to be likewise affected by current fuel crisis but should be clear skies after that
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

You are an optimistic Beagle to see clear skies ahead. Good on ya. Its great how real life events can come out of nowhere who knows what will pop up next.
    National landslide win woot.
    Trump goes after the rocketman boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatboyj View Post
    You are an optimistic Beagle to see clear skies ahead. Good on ya. Its great how real life events can come out of nowhere who knows what will pop up next.
    National landslide win woot.
    Trump goes after the rocketman boo.
    I think the forward PE of only 9.2 accounts for all known current and perceived risks more than adequately and see the shares as slightly under priced at the current level. I have a high level of confidence regarding the management and board and you've got to "put them" on the line now and again and be optimistic about something...all companies face challenges and risks mate
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Aviation fuel situation improving http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11925083

From those stats yesterday AIR won't be making more money from long haul v last year

Competition still prevails?

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Can't say the pictures give much confidence ... so it is really just one more than 30 years old steel pipe buried in corrosive mud which stands between highly inflammable aviation fuel and the environment? And they are welding in the mud - and the connections are supposed to be like new afterwards?

But that's probably a discussion for some other thread ...
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Making heaps more domestically though
    Last edited by winner69; 22-09-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    From those stats yesterday AIR won't be making more money from long haul v last year

Competition still prevails?
    I sense softening demand..my main AIR flights have no/limited competition for most of this year. My AIR long haul flights have not been full to LAX anytime this year vs last year always full. Also empty premium space seats between passengers at the the front of domestic flights to CH to AKL for the last two months..I fly koru hour so expect all seats to be full...this even includes the period of canceled flights over the past week....unusual.