sharetrader

Thread: AIR - Air NZ.

Anyone else on here going to the annual meeting on Thursday ?

Roger I will be there, TIL and AIR AGM's walking distance apart with enough time between the meetings to check out the boat show.
    Should be a good day, see you on Thursday. Forest

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by forest View Post
    Anyone else on here going to the annual meeting on Thursday ?

Roger I will be there, TIL and AIR AGM's walking distance apart with enough time between the meetings to check out the boat show.
    Should be a good day, see you on Thursday. Forest
    AIR paid me about $80K Last fin. year which includes divs. The biggest surprise was the IRD also gave me $6k refund. So am thinking I better go to agm for a cup of tea
    Last edited by see weed; 27-09-2017 at 08:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    AIR paid me about $80K Last fin. year which includes divs. The biggest surprise was the IRD also gave me $6k refund. So am thinking I better go to agm for a cup of tea
    LOL mate. I'm putting in some big hours at work so I can have Thursday afternoon off for the AGM and the boat show. See you guys there.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    A refund..how nice...IRD had a full cut of my trading gains on AIR last financial year....our majority shareholder does very well out of it all...if my meeting finishes on time I will be at the AGM...don't know if I could afford a boat thou :-)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Can not keep going up forever - can it

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Price of Singapore Jet continues to trend up. Current price [I have] is $66.90 a sip.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    Now at $71.15. That is off the right hand side of AIR's fuel sensitivity chart (in the FY presentation).

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Now at $71.15. That is off the right hand side of AIR's fuel sensitivity chart (in the FY presentation).

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    That's terrible news - not quite of the chart but they might need to add more labels nextbtime they use it

They were forecasting fuel to be $53m more than F17 (the $880m)

Jeez that chart says it could be $50m/$60m higher than that again unless the fuel price drops

Well that's the likely increases revenues almost gone

Maybe lower profits in F18 v F17 and v expectations

Might know more tomorrow
    Last edited by winner69; 27-09-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Fuel costs are subject to collars below the current prevailing price and they are 80% hedged for the FY18 year. Oil could be spiking for any number of reasons at present including the number of U.S. refineries coming back online or the geopolitical tension with North Korea. The other quote to keep in mind is what our esteemed leader said in last year's conference call "oil prices and yield are inextricably linked".
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-09-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Fuel costs are subject to collars below the current prevailing price and they are 80% hedged for the FY18 year. Oil could be spiking for any number of reasons at present including the number of U.S. refineries coming back online or the geopolitical tension with North Korea. The other quote to keep in mind is what our esteemed leader said in last year's conference call "oil prices and yield are inextricably linked".
    A decent hedge policy so see no real concern at this point.

Is that a double top that has formed on Air's chart ? Maybe one of the T A guys can advise us.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz View Post
    A decent hedge policy so see no real concern at this point.
    But that chart is titled 'Fuel Cost Sensitivity' - Impact on expected F18 fuel bill of $880m at different fuel prices inclusive of hedging

If fuel remains at US$71 (off the chart as PT points out) then fuel cold be $60m/$70m more than expected (budgeted)
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”